Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

News out of Dallas

PrincetonTiger

According to reports Jerry Jones will make a coaching change if the Cowboys miss the playoffs

Surprising. I expected Garrett to get at least one more year considering he was Jerry's pet project. It wont make much difference until Jerry blows up the roster and starts over though, which he will never do.

That doesn't surprise me in the least.  Maybe that is the reason his team doesn't have good seasons. How many HC's has Romo had  :dunno:

Three and most if not all had a different O they were partial too

Jerry Jones needs to make a GM change before anything really changes.

The Cowboys had 3 coaches from 1960-1998(Landry, Jimmie Johnson, and Barry Switzer) and 5 since

Coaches since 1998:

Chan Gailey(98-99)-18-14 .563

Dave Campo(2000-2002)-15-33 .313

Bill Parcells(03-06) 34-30 .531

Wade Phillips(07-10) 34-22 .607

Jason Garrett(10-present) 21-19 .525

Jones took over in 1989 from Tex Schramm(GM) and H. R. "Bum" Bright(Owner)

Johnson and Jones were teammates at Arkansas 

Three and most if not all had a different O they were partial too

The Cowboys had 3 coaches from 1960-1998(Landry, Jimmie Johnson, and Barry Switzer) and 5 since

Coaches since 1998:

Chan Gailey(98-99)-18-14 .563

Dave Campo(2000-2002)-15-33 .313

Bill Parcells(03-06) 34-30 .531

Wade Phillips(07-10) 34-22 .607

Jason Garrett(10-present) 21-19 .525

Jones took over in 1989 from Tex Schramm(GM) and H. R. "Bum" Bright(Owner)

Johnson and Jones were teammates at Arkansas 

Unfortunately for Dallas fans, until Jerry Jones finally realizes that he's terrible at his job, I just don't see things changing for the Cowboys. Jones just don't know how to evaluate talent and build a roster that can develop chemistry and consistency. He interferes too much with how the coaching staff should handle their duties. He's not going to be able to draw the kind of coach that team needs because of his overbearing attitude. Things don't look good for the future in Dallas. 

Unfortunately for Dallas fans, until Jerry Jones finally realizes that he's terrible at his job, I just don't see things changing for the Cowboys. Jones just don't know how to evaluate talent and build a roster that can develop chemistry and consistency. He interferes too much with how the coaching staff should handle their duties. He's not going to be able to draw the kind of coach that team needs because of his overbearing attitude. Things don't look good for the future in Dallas. 

agreed 

Jones is one reason I always disliked Dallas

In NFL there are 2 things which gives an opportunity to succeed.

1. A great QB OR

2. Everything else great.

Dallas has neither. Either they change the QB or change everything ( coaching, managing, recruiting,special teams, defense).

I said it before, over 100 million dollars contract to Romo is the biggest blunder they have done till date.