Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Panthers-Saints game next week is significant...

chad72

...and it did not get much fan fare or coverage at all.

Of course, NBC touts their Bears vs Eagles flexed matchup but there was no mention of the Panthers-Saints game next week.

Saints go from having a shot at the # 2 seed to potentially the #6 seed if they lose to the Panthers next week and that might be the singular biggest seeding impact game, IMO.

I am a bit surprised it did not get more coverage.

My relatives in NC will be going nuts all week that's for sure. I will likely get emails and texts about the Panthers shoe laces by Sunday morning.

I really don't know.....Saints often bounce back well but this is a toughie. Another road game and if they keep chucking it and can't run then they will be toast IMO. Cam Newton may be set again to go off vs. the Saints as well.

And it sucks since I see this game is on the same time as the Colts!!!

My relatives in NC will be going nuts all week that's for sure. I will likely get emails and texts about the Panthers shoe laces by Sunday morning.

I really don't know.....Saints often bounce back well but this is a toughie. Another road game and if they keep chucking it and can't run then they will be toast IMO. Cam Newton may be set again to go off vs. the Saints as well.

And it sucks since I see this game is on the same time as the Colts!!!

What is weird about the timing is that the Saints do great in night games most of the time. I am glad this is not a night game.

The weird thing about the Patriots is that they seem to struggle in 1 p.m. ET games (Bengals, Jets, both Dolphins games, Browns game). I found that really weird.

Peyton and the Broncos however do not like night games, quite the opposite of the Peyton led Colts. :)

Go figure. More patterns for ya!!! :)

I don't know what to say about this Saints team that you already don't know.

Can't win on the road, check

Forcing balls to Graham in triple coverage, check

Overrated defense that don't know how to get turnovers, check

Shall I go on or just stop there?

Even if we beat the Panthers (which I highly doubt) we will probably beat up some crappy wildcard team that barely made the playoffs, and then proceed to get slaughtered by the Seaducks since this team don't know how to do anything outside of Voodoo Land.

If we lose and drop to the 6th seed (very likely) I expect us to go into Dallas or Philly and it won't matter just how terrible both their defenses are, some how some way the Saints will fail to score more than 24 points on the road (haven't scored more than 27 points in a single road game all year long) and then like our last two road games we will get blown out.

I wasn't expecting a Super Bowl this year anyway. The defense is overrated. Don't let those stats fool you, yes they are high ranked but Roman Harper is still on the team....let me repeat that: Roman Harper is still starting on the team. That shows you just how great they are. Harper has been getting burned very badly on deep balls for 4 straight years now.

For those of you that don't pay attention to the Saints, Roman Harper is the genius who got burned all day long by Matt Hasselbeck in the Seattle playoff game back in 2010, and was rewarded a contract for playing so terribly. If that's not enough, he was Alex Smith's favorite guy to throw all over during the Divisional playoff game in SF a few years back, and his missed tackles on Vernon Davis pretty much gave the Niners the game.

Besides, we are suffering a franchise record drought on turnovers. No joke, this is the longest streak of games in franchise history without a turnover. We haven't had a turnover since Buffalo, and even in a blow out like Carolina we couldn't force one turnover (even though Newton threw multiple picks in the games before). that alone shows you how overrated this defense is besides the fact Roman Harper is still on the team, but wait there's more! Malcolm Jenkins some how is also still on the team, yet another bust that the Saints have kept even though he is terrible.

In other words I am thankful for a winning season. I appreciate it even though my team is looking like they truly do want to go into the playoffs and get beat into the ground. So thanks for the winning season guys, I pretty much knew we were not a Super Bowl team the minute we lost the Jets and then had 11 days to prepare for Seattle and couldn't score more than 7 points against them.

Out of the 1 pm ET games, Colts-Chiefs on the AFC side and Panthers-Saints on the NFC side are the most significant for playoff seeding (unless of course Dallas pulls out another loss vs Kirk Cousins out of the blue, which they have been known to do).

The 4:25 pm ET slot, it is the Ravens-Patriots, hands down.