Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bad Routes Or Bad Passes?

King Colt

Did I write this?? I feel like I wrote this...

Luck did underthrow the deep ball to Hilton, the one that was tipped at the last minute. For the most part, however, Luck was on point. I don't even understand the premise of this thread, after a game when he completed 63% of his passes, something he hasn't done in months. 

Great minds think alike boss :) 

Agree. Our 'hall of fame' WR had two balls hit his hands that he didn't bring in. As they say if you get your hands on it it's catchable. Reggie catches those routinely.

With Rogers, he will improve his timing with AL. Brazill maybe but he's had almost two years and their not there yet. Rogers seems to dog it if the plays not to him but hopefully coaches break him of that. There are certain routes that DHB is very effective on. Run the damn routes (crossing patterns) and be happy with him doing that. That seems the extent of what he's capable of now but utilize his strength. I personally liked the dump pass over the middle to the RBs. Will eventually open up the rest of the field.

OL looked better in pass protection but that is all relative. Need to have the passing game open up the run game rather than the other way around. We keep banging our head against a wall thinking we need to run the ball when we have no chance with the OL we have. Roll AL out of the pocket to give him more time to throw.

Don't want to be critical of the coaching as I don't know the whole story but they seem either be clueless or down right hard headed about changing anything. We don't have a great team at this time so we need to find our strengths and play to our strengths and not try to be something we're not.

That only happened bcause the coverage was playing 20 yards off in prevent, Those will be smothered by a linebacker in a close/not blowout game.

That only happened bcause the coverage was playing 20 yards off in prevent, Those will be smothered by a linebacker in a close/not blowout game.

Hey, Dustin, check this out. Are you going to take this guy to task for saying they were in a prevent defense? Are you going to accuse him of not watching the game?  :D

Hey, Dustin, check this out. Are you going to take this guy to task for saying they were in a prevent defense? Are you going to accuse him of not watching the game?  :D

No, because he's correct. The RB caught dump passes on the final drive when they were in a prevent defense. Nice try tho troll. 

No, because he's correct. The RB caught dump passes on the final drive when they were in a prevent defense. Nice try tho troll. 

They were in prevent long before that. Do you understand what a prevent defense is and what it allows? I don't think so. And I am no troll and I don't appreciate your name calling.  :D  

They were in prevent long before that. Do you understand what a prevent defense is and what it allows? I don't think so. And I am no troll and I don't appreciate your name calling.  :D  

You are the epitome of a troll. You keep making different accounts with different names and you only show up after the Colts have a bad game. I guarantee you that if the Colts started killing it every game and won a couple games in the playoffs, you would disappear and never be heard from again until they started struggling again. Everybody thats been here for a while knows your game so there's no need to hide it.

Lol you obviously don't know what a prevent is. Just like you don't know what a West Coast offense is. Now, please go back to your bridge. 

You are the epitome of a troll. You keep making different accounts with different names and you only show up after the Colts have a bad game. I guarantee you that if the Colts started killing it every game and won a couple games in the playoffs, you would disappear and never be heard from again until they started struggling again. Everybody thats been here for a while knows your game so there's no need to hide it.

Of course he would dissapear. That's exactly why he ditched his other account (Goodtimes).

I am not and I have never been a troll. Yes, I opened different accounts because I did not know the mods would give me a second chance. If you have a big problem with that then I suggest you take it up with them. You are wrong about what you say about the Colts and I and if you read my current posts, you would see that. The board and I have moved a lot closer in our thoughts about the Colts. :D

Lol you obviously don't know what a prevent is. Just like you don't know what a West Coast offense is. Now, please go back to your bridge. 

I know what both of them are and Luck did absolutely nothing until they started playing way off of the receivers. That is not his fault, they just didn't get open in the time he had to make a pass or do you refuse to believe that too?  :D

I know what both of them are and Luck did absolutely nothing until they started playing way off of the receivers. That is not his fault, they just didn't get open in the time he had to make a pass or do you refuse to believe that too?  :D

Yep. You obviously didn't watch the game. 

Yep. You obviously didn't watch the game. 

Well, whatever you want to think. SI and other online services have all commented that the Colts could only be effective at "garbage time" against a defense that was in prevent mode the entire second half but you believe anything you would like to believe. Now go off and troll on someone else, I am done with you. I tried to be nice.  :D

Well, whatever you want to think. SI and other online services have all commented that the Colts could only be effective at "garbage time" against a defense that was in prevent mode the entire second half but you believe anything you would like to believe. Now go off and troll on someone else, I am done with you. I tried to be nice.  :D

What did John Clayton have to say about it? 

FYI, there's never been a team in the history of the NFL to go to in a prevent defense up by only 21 points with 2 quarters left. Not only have you proven that you did not watch the game, but also that your common sense in lacking. 

That is an outright lie, it happens all of the time.  :D

I didn't want to have to humor a troll, but your incompetence makes it hard for me to leave it alone.

ColtsTD.gif

Please explain to me how a 5 man rush with man to man on the receivers is a prevent defense. Can't wait to hear this.