Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We need to fix the offensive line ASAP! (merge)

bap1331

We cannot "fix" it which implies something is broken. We do need to improve the line play even if only by a slight amount or in one specific area (run blocking or pass blocking). Our line play will not be good this year regardless of if we make some personnel or scheme changes but any amount of improvement is going to require some change not just staying the course and improving execution.

It seems as if every play someone is getting through or blowing up runs and such.  I said it "seems" but i realize that's more like perhaps 75 percent of the time.  So I think we need more protection on pass plays, like two more bodies to compensate for our O-line really being only half-players.  So if you figure 5 x 1/2 = 2.5, we really have 2.5 O-linemen, then we need to come up with 2.5 more AND we still have to have tight-end blocking and running back blocking just like any NORMAL offense, so then that means we can't send as many players out for the pass.  It's really simple math.  Now, which of you can draw up our "-2.5 Special" offense.  Because I don't think Pep will.  "-2.5 Special" will need to be used about 30 percent of the time so it DOES become important and there needs to be about 20 variations of it.  The boys have a lot of additional book-work to do these next few days to learn this thing.  Get busy so we can get-r-done !!!!!!!

Thornton needs to be on the right side i think he would be better. Have to wait until Thomas comes back next year because no one else on the roster is athletic or strong enough to play LG besides Thornton.

reitz was solid at lg the last couple years.

And rg is the harder of the two to play typically

Usually the big mauler type plays RG and more athletic plays LG. Reitz looks more like a RT then G.

but reitz has actually played guard. Doesn't matter what he looks like.

And the rg has to be plenty of athletic. Protections are usually slid left, leaving the rg 1 on 1