Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pagano is gutless

jriddy5000son

Respectfully disagree. Three timeouts and 20 seconds take at least one shot. By your logic we should take no chances because nothing's working? Desperate times call for desperate measures.

I didn't say that, but sometimes the dangers out weigh the rewards. The odds of us failing there are much higher than it working.  Even if we complete some passes it's going to be hard to get into field goal range in just 20 seconds even with no timeouts.  The way the Texans D is playing the Colts offense is playing tonight I see no reason to think it's going to work tonight.  If Luck is clicking and moving the ball then yeah sure take your shot but tonight the offense's best pass play tonight has been a deep shot that was a PI call.  They are struggling to get 10 yards and a first down let alone about 50 to get into field goal range. 

I'd say this if I were Pagano I would look at three things one telling DHB to stop yelling at the refs and just focus on catching the ball.  He had one play on this drive where he was all over the official for wanting a flag on a none PI play and then dropped a pass on the very next play, spending all day on Monday at the Jugs machine with any skilled position player on this team, and starting fining for drops. 

I'd say this if I were Pagano I would look at three things one telling DHB to stop yelling at the refs and just focus on catching the ball. He had one play on this drive where he was all over the official for wanting a flag on a none PI play and then dropped a pass on the very next play, spending all day on Monday at the Jugs machine with any skilled position player on this team, and starting fining for drops.

I was wondering about head to head contact on a defenseless receiver on that last BHB drop right before the TD.