Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CBS prevents both Bronco / Chief games from being moved to prime time night games

bayone

Broncos-Chiefs games protected by CBS from rescheduling to night

Broncos play the Kansas City Chiefs twice in three weeks in November and December

the games not only will be divisional rivalry matchups, but also most likely determinants of playoff seedings in the AFC West.

As such, CBS has protected both games — one in Denver on Nov. 17, the other in Kansas City on Dec. 1 — from being rescheduled to NBC's Sunday night game.

Since 2006, the league has employed a flexible scheduling policy by which NBC is permitted to select any of the Sunday afternoon games in weeks 11 through 17 to move to Sunday night. By protecting these two matchups, CBS will retain them on its slate of afternoon games.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24281678/broncos-chiefs-games-protected-by-cbs-from-rescheduling

I can't blame CBS on that one as several SNF games will be flexed out due to the teams poor seasons (the Giants-wk 11 and 13, Steelers-wk 15, and Falcons-wk 14 games will surely be flexed out).  If Tenn hangs in there, I can see Tenn & Indy flexed into SNF for week 13.  If not, then Colts/Bengals are a possibility for week 14.  Broncos/Pats are already on SNF in week 12 so I doubt the Pats/Texans game gets flexed in week 13.