Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade advice please :)

So I just agreed to this trade with a friend in my league: Denver Broncos + Fred Jackson (Me) for Matt Forte + NY Giants (Him).

I'm planning on dropping the Giants as soon as I get them and picking up Kansas City, plus I already have the Bengals D/ST too so at first I thought this was a very good trade.

However, I'm now starting to second guess myself for no tangible reason. Give me some reassurance here guys. This is a good trade right?

So I just agreed to this trade with a friend in my league: Denver Broncos + Fred Jackson (Me) for Matt Forte + NY Giants (Him).

I'm planning on dropping the Giants as soon as I get them and picking up Kansas City, plus I already have the Bengals D/ST too so at first I thought this was a very good trade.

However, I'm now starting to second guess myself for no tangible reason. Give me some reassurance here guys. This is a good trade right?

If you want to play match-ups with defense then yes it's a good trade.  However if you want to hold onto a stud defense then no it's not.  

Bengals are a decent defense but Denver is far better I think.

If you want to play match-ups with defense then yes it's a good trade.  However if you want to hold onto a stud defense then no it's not.  

Bengals are a decent defense but Denver is far better I think.

That's fair. 

I think the Chiefs D is vastly under-rated. I think the Bengals are under-rated too but to a lesser extent.

Forte alone for that trade would be worth it. Take it.

It pretty much is Forte alone. I'm dropping the Giants as soon as I get them. Just made sense logistics wise to trade 2 for 2.

Def worth it.

I personally like it, I think it's actually a pretty even trade.. but you have a much higher ceiling IMO. I like Forte a lot this year for fantasy.

Thanks for the advice guys!

The trade will go through tomorrow which means I'll be playing Doug Martin, LeSean McCoy and Matt Forte this weekend. And I have Stevan Ridley on my bench! 

It pretty much is Forte alone. I'm dropping the Giants as soon as I get them. Just made sense logistics wise to trade 2 for 2.

The trade will go through tomorrow which means I'll be playing Doug Martin, LeSean McCoy and Matt Forte this weekend. And I have Stevan Ridley on my bench! 

The Bench is a good place for Ridley until Bill decides to use him right.

You have the best stable of running backs in your league, that I am certain.. and I don't even know your league.