Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A What If ? For You Guys

turner46992

This is going to be a chain of "what if" questions and most are probably ridiculous but I was thinking and decided, well why not get a thread rolling about it!

1. What if manning Never really had that 3rd neck surgery, is there an actually document stating this or is just something the coaches or Colts send to the media so they would have a reason for manning to sit this season.

2. What if, in his(mannings) contract it read in the fine print "Start of this new agreement you must miss X amount of Games before returning to the field" Chances of this really being true are slim I know, but Maybe Irsay had this "Suck for Luck" Campaign rolling way before Mannings agreement...Could that be why it took so long to make an agreement.

3. What if, We lose todays game against the chiefs. Is there virtually any other game we could win at all. Its a long season I know, but we Have the Pats, Ravens, and Saints in the later part of the season, Teams that without manning we will surely lose. So saying all we need to take any "easy" win we can get...but no win this season will appear to be easy!

I dont expect to get a positive feedback from this, because the "what if's" seem so farfetched, But none the less a thought!

the real question is, what if Manning would have NOT had the surgery in May in Chicago? Answer: He would have played the season in some discomfort but nothing like he is going to experience now. Reason: Doctors in Chicago didn't know what they were doing.

And we'd be 4-1 after today and contending for the division.

Edited by chrisfarley

I highly doubt it, but the world we live in is so filled with deception and conspiracies, that I won't say it isn't possible. ...and there is a whole s-ton of money on the line, so that's all the more reason for such a stunt to be pulled... ...and they did put Bracket and Bullitt on IR awfully quickly, not to mention Ijalana...

I don't see why either 1 or 2 would be a potential situation. There is no way Manning is faking it or the Colts just want to sit him; there is no way his contract said "you must miss X games", why would they want that? Luck might be the most surefire QB prospect, but that doesn't mean he is the only good one or the only one who will be successful in the NFL

I don't see why either 1 or 2 would be a potential situation. There is no way Manning is faking it or the Colts just want to sit him; there is no way his contract said "you must miss X games", why would they want that? Luck might be the most surefire QB prospect, but that doesn't mean he is the only good one or the only one who will be successful in the NFL

Agree, I like Robert Griffin III as a qb pick who could be mentored by Peyton for a year or two. I don't think an overall #1, like Luck, will ride the bench for more than half a season. Of course, if Painter continues to progress, maybe he will be the QB for the future (I don't really think so).