Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Keeper League Team

pacolts56

I was all set to stick with just one FF team this year but had the opportunity to join a keeper league (non-PPR) comprised of some of the older Forum members when two slots in their league came open.

It was tricky because almost all the top-flight QBs and RBs were gone as keepers already. Rodgers/Brady/Manning/Brees/Luck/Newton/Ryan were all gone as were AP/Foster/Rice/McCoy/Richardson and Calvin Johnson along with a couple other top WRs.

Anyway today was the draft and I thought I did pretty well.

My team is......

QBs

Colin Kaepernick (Keeper)

Carson Palmer

RBs

CJ Spiller (Keeper)

Frank Gore

Shane Vereen

D'Angelo WIlliams

Donald Brown

WRs

Demarius Thomas

James Jones

TY Hilton

Chris Givens

Brandon Gibson

TEs

Martellus Bennett

Zach Sudfeld

DTs

Geno Atkins

Muhammad Wilkerson (DT/DE)

DEs

Cameron Wake

Wilkerson (DE/DT)

LBs

Aldon Smith

Lavonte David

DBs

Troy Polamalu

Earl Thomas

Tim Jennings

K

Dan Bailey

Mike Nugent

I don't know much about defense in Fantasy, but I think you did really well, considering the "big name keepers" were gone. I love your receiving corp..its deep and should score you a lot of points. 2 #1's from passing teams as well, in Thomas and Jones..really nice.. You might just have the best corp down the road. Kaep should be solid and Palmer should do well in Arians system, which makes him a decent back-up. Gore and Spiller are good backs..depth may become an issue..

I really like it...ya did good in my opinion!

I don't know much about defense in Fantasy, but I think you did really well, considering the "big name keepers" were gone. I love your receiving corp..its deep and should score you a lot of points. 2 #1's from passing teams as well, in Thomas and Jones..really nice.. You might just have the best corp down the road. Kaep should be solid and Palmer should do well in Arians system, which makes him a decent back-up. Gore and Spiller are good backs..depth may become an issue..

I really like it...ya did good in my opinion!

Thanks CF4L!

I agree....I picked #11 out of 12 in what amounted to the 3rd round and I had both David Wilson and Reggie Bush queued up ahead of Gore...but they were cleverly gobbled up by the time I picked.

So my first 2 picks not including keepers Spiller and Kaepernick wound up being Thomas and Gore. Hopefully D'Angelo Williams delivers the value he should with Jonathan Stewart on PUP....and all my RBs stay healthy. Vereen will be one of those guys where I really have to pay attention to the match-up. As for Donald, he was sitting there amongst free agents and rookies in the very latter stages of the draft and was the best RB available so I grabbed him.

Selecting individual defensive players for the first time made this draft alot more challenging....and fun.