Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Toler - Powers swap

chad72

So far Grigson's off-season pick ups are looking good.  Toler might be the best number two corner in the league.  Walden is surpassing a lot of fans expectations and looks like a good fit in our defense.  DHB has caught just about everything thrown his way during games.  I think we all sleep better at night knowing Hasselbeck is backing up Andrew, especially after the way Harnish has played this pre-season.  Franklin has been a solid NT in the middle.  Thomas gives a real answer at left guard something we haven't had since Jake Scott left.  GC also looks to have locked own the right tackle spot even if he's not a pro-bowler he's still better than Justice was.  We haven't seen enough of Landry to make any kind of judgment on him yet and we haven't seen Bradshaw at all.  I don't recall hearing or seeing much from RJF much yet but I also haven't heard anything bad about him and sometimes in a 3/4 defense you just want guys like him to handle their blocks to let others make plays.  All and all I think his free agent class looks pretty good so far. 

With that said it's just pre-season so we need to see them all in the regular season to make judgments. 

Folks... it is preseason week 3.

While I think we did win on the Toler - Powers swap, lets slow down a bit here. Not being Debbie Downer, but calling Toler the best #2 in the league is a bit of a stretch. Let's wait to see what the season turns out like. I really really like what I am seeing from GT, but I will reserve judgement to see what he does against really good competition and if he can stay healthy for 16+ games.

Good move by Grigson, sure...