Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gronk timetable - likely to miss week 1

amfootball

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4746969/analysis-rob-gronkowskis-timetable

At this point it looks as if Gronk will miss week 1 but it is still not known if the Pats will put in on the PUP list which means he would not play until week 7. Pats first 3 opponents are not difficult (Bills, Jets, Bucs) but their next 3 are more difficult (Falcons (road), Bengals (road) and Saints (home). I would think they will keep him on the roster if they think he will be back by week 4.

Right now Ballard is playing his spot and Sudfeld is playing Hernandez's old spot.

Well that's good news. I say keep him out and let Suds do his thing for a few games:)

Yeah, Suds looks like a stud. :)

None of this is unexpected so not sure why all of sudden "Gronk to not play week 1" is big news. I think it is 50/50 that they put him on the PUP list. But with the Bills, Jets and Bucs, the Pats are in good shape to start the season. We need him at the end, not the beginning ...

I'd rather see them go 10-6 and have Gronk in January than go 13-3 and lose him late in the year again. They've only lost one playoff game with a fully healthy Gronkowski in the lineup. He's a difference maker, not just in the passing game.