Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Broncos TE Dressen out again after Tweaking scoped knee

bayone

Back in may Coach fox had this to say

Broncos TE Joel Dreessen underwent arthroscopic surgery to "clean up" his knee.

Coach John Fox termed it "just a little knee procedure, scope, done, just to clean it up." Fox added this would be a good opportunity for backup tight end Julius Thomas, who missed most of his first two seasons with injuries, to get quality reps. Dreessen is expected to return for training camp. He is Denver's primary in-line and blocking tight end, ahead of "move" TE Jacob Tamme. May 30 - 3:16 PM

NOW  

Joel Dreessen suffers setback to knee

Another starter has suffered a significant injury. Starting tight end Joel Dreessen had a setback in his recovery from kneecap surgery and will be out at least two weeks.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2013/08/03/joel-dreessen-suffers-setback-to-knee/20545/

The Denver Post reports that tight end Joel Dreessen did not dress for the team’s fan spectacular ( Scrimmage in the rain )  at Sports Authority Field after tweaking his surgically repaired kneecap and will be out at least two weeks.

Dreessen had his knee scoped in May.

http://denverssportsstation.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=7911

TO REVIEW

Both Walton & Kuper needed repairs  / redo's to ankle surgeries, Kuper after playing and rebraking it, Walton before even getting back on field

After rehab and being cleared & then after just a few Practice's TE  Dressen needs  to rest / rehab  his knee at least 2 weeks, 

U have to wonder what happens to his knee during the season & some real games & real stress of active play ???

Of Course this all could just be coincidental, I am not blaming surgeons and dont know all the issues involved ,just a shame for said players, after all Peyton Had Knee work as a Colt and then got an infection,

Just looking at it as a NFL fan side of view playing devils advocate, not making accusations

any surgery no matter how minor always can go wrong or have unforseen complications

Of Course this all could just be coincidental, I am not blaming surgeons and dont know all the issues involved ,just a shame for said players, after all Peyton Had Knee work as a Colt and then got an infection,

Just looking at it as a NFL fan side of view playing devils advocate, not making accusations

any surgery no matter how minor always can go wrong or have unforseen complications

Well by not knowing all issues involved  making comments can not be accurate.  I know you were a surgeon and did not any of your patients have any unforseen complications?  :dunno:  I would also take in consideration that these players (patients) are playing a contact sport much sooner than the average patient would be having this much stress on said surgery.  JMO of course. 

I'm sure the Broncos will be  fine for their season and have back ups just like all the teams that are having injury issues.  There seems to be quite a few of them or maybe we are just watching closer because every one is ready for some FOOTBALL. :thmup:

Well by not knowing all issues involved  making comments can not be accurate.  I know you were a surgeon and did not any of your patients have any unforseen complications?  :dunno:  I would also take in consideration that these players (patients) are playing a contact sport much sooner than the average patient would be having this much stress on said surgery.  JMO of course. 

I'm sure the Broncos will be  fine for their season and have back ups just like all the teams that are having injury issues.  There seems to be quite a few of them or maybe we are just watching closer because every one is ready for some FOOTBALL. :thmup:

I actually regretted posting this but was to late to delete by editing   it out and  putting error in title, thats why I adding 2nd comment

as for me I did many redos of others surgeries never my own to my recollection ( last surgery was 1988 before my disabilities ) save for one where post op a patient hoped out of bed and re broke heel bone in the hospital when she wasn't supposed to get  out of bed, even had that case published

and another who broke ankle after I repaired it when he crashed his car , he also was attempting to get drugs by constantly braking threw cast and declaring it as hurting to much, I finally reported him to the local medical society as someone causing trouble, BTW he originality broke ankle Jumping out of a tree or off his roof

Luckily I never had a post op infection requiring re-admittance , cant really remember any post op infection treated in office but wouldn't swear to it but don't remember one as I assume I would of had to readmit said patient to control it correctly at surgical site esp if bone was involved just like when my neck got infected and need a month of IV antibiotics and then 6 more months of oral ones I believe

Maybe I was good , maybe I was lucky, of course only worked 6 years but took over office that required many redos from a poor surgeon, 5 ankles my first week as that surgeon that had to leave State was less than adequate lets say

so yes I never had pro athletes and there stress but had my share of hard cases

Should Of Just posted he was sidelined again, etc

A friends Father, whose daughters wedding I went to last weekend just died yesterday, funeral today

not in best of moods , maybe got carried away with  original post but no excuse still , as said I wish I haad deleted it

Moderator please delete post

Only wanted to note Denver TE Dressen is out for awhile due to issue with knee he  had scoped

As   Susie Q noted I got the wrong message across & my Choice of Post title was worded wrong

He didnt start last nights scrimmage , so happened during practice though earlier had said no more injuries occurred so must of flared  up later

Well they actually say they have one of the better fields, cant find where that was said , but they said that last night too during a   A lightning and rain delay of over 40 minutes that threatened  to send 44,439 fans  home

The  team wanted to not disappoint so came out, even though somewhere  they said in another article that the field drains really well

Check out this report on scrimmage and watch Video of team coming on field and all the falls of the first ones on

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013-denver-broncos-training-camp/2013/8/3/4586680/manning-broncos-brave-elements-to-give-fans-their-summer-scrimmage

What surface do they practice on?

That might be the problem.

PS so u know as I did innovative surgeries to fix  not just surgical mistakes by design by the Dr I bought the practice from that had to leave the state (( he did surgeries so I can only assume he was both bad and performed what he new would fail in order to get redos himself and make more $ for himself within a year or so, thats why with all the law suits he had to leave state , he was the poster child for being irresponsible & thats putting it politely , in my opinion   , Residents gave him the nickname of Madman )) ,

other surgeons failed procedures even if done correctly after I got a reputation for tackling other's problems ,  also birth defects , and trauma 

AS I said as Many were i innovative the xrays of hardest  & most innovative procedures  that were taken during the procedure to make sure all was going right are now a part of the Permanent Teaching File of the hospital I am proud to say

Man I miss it so much

NOW off to the funeral

This is tough for Dressen but Denver has a young 3rd year tight end named Julius Thomas....a former basketball player about 6-foot-5 and 250 pounds ..a small college basketball player who holds a couple of his schoolsall-time  basketball records...... who played only one year of football in college.....

They think this guy is an impact player. He's healthy for the first time and he might have beaten out Dressen anyway..

His blocking isnt great by reports...but he's a breakaway threat at TE the likes of which Peyton Manning has never had...

If he plays inplace of Dressen....he could be a major factor...

This is tough for Dressen but Denver has a young 3rd year tight end named Julius Thomas....a former basketball player about 6-foot-5 and 250 pounds ..a small college basketball player who holds a couple of his schoolsall-time  basketball records...... who played only one year of football in college.....

They think this guy is an impact player. He's healthy for the first time and he might have beaten out Dressen anyway..

His blocking isnt great by reports...but he's a breakaway threat at TE the likes of which Peyton Manning has never had...

Thomas 6'5" 250 pounds or so  has been great at catching, isnt the blocker , that is isnt the all around TE that dresen is

This however is first in 3 years he is healthy, Denver still has to see same production in real games as in TC

He has been so good that some talk Tamme may be trade bait for a needed position, even if have to throw in a draft pick

But with Dressen hurt they may still keep same 4 as last year, Virgil Green though has dropped alot of passes in TC , they may worry that kneee he had scopped flares up during the season, Green can block I think

Joel Dreessen reportedly out rest of Broncos camp

after Review Dressen now needs a second knee procedure , may miss seasons start Vs Ravens

Dreessen originally underwent arthroscopic knee surgery in late May. He will now undergo a second arthroscopic procedure to clean up the knee  (( which is what 1st procedure was done for in May , see my OP )), a person with knowledge of the procedure told USA Today on Sunday.

It's unclear if Dreessen will miss the start of the regular season following his latest setback. At the very least, legitimate uncertainty now is involved.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000226098/article/joel-dreessen-reportedly-out-rest-of-broncos-camp

Meanwhile Tammes quad still hurts and hasn't seen field in a week, As said before to me this now means Dressen, Tamme, Thomas, & green must all make the team , keeping 4 TE's and emergence of Thomas in TC will no longer mean Tamme is trade bait , To much uncertainty

What surface do they practice on?

That might be the problem.

Why is there so much talk about Denver playing two TE sets?

They have a guy 'called' a tight end split as a pass receiver

They dont use two in-line tight ends ... a running formation..except on rare occasions....

They arent Houston

.....if Dressen is out for the first couple of weeks....somebody find Dallas Clark's phone number...

OUM beat me to it. I wonder if Clark will be hearing a ring from Denver. :lol:

But what I really came here for is, what is a knee scoping? Do they scrape your knee or something?

use a tube with a camera in it to see if any issue and tiny tools that can do various work, like cutting & retriveing if needed , or removing any bits of loose cartlage, thats a basic answer