Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sad to Report: Pro Football Weekly -- Out of Business....

NewColtsFan

After more than 40 years of covering pro football, the draft, the combine and all other football related issues,   Pro Football Weekly is closing its doors for good.

It has filed for bankruptcy.

Unfortunately, it's not the kind of bankruptcy so that they can reorganize and rebuild and keep going.  They've actually done that once or twice before over the years.

No,  this time it's for good.

I'm always sorry when good people lose their job.   The staff had trouble adjusting from so-called "Old media"  newspapers and magazines,  to so-called 'New media"....  the internet.

PFW couldn't convince enough people to pay for premium services.   Don't know why, but they couldn't.     A real shame.

I'm sure many of the workers will land on their feet somewhere....   that's my hope at least.

But it was a good newspaper, a good magazine, and a good read on-line.    Even when I disagreed with it,  which I did a decent amount...

Here's the goodbye letter from their publisher....

http://www.profootballweekly.com/2013/05/31/pro-football-weekly-says-goodbye

For what it's worth......

PFW is putting out two last magazines....     one is the 2013 season preview....    the other is the 2013 fantasy football preview.

I have the season preview....   I think it's good....   but, in the interest of full disclosure,  Colt's fans will NOT be happy.

They predict Indy to finish 7-9.     They think last year was lightning in a bottle,  complete magic,  smoke and mirrors and unlikely to be re-produced again.    We don't have enough difference makers.    

They don't literally say that word for word....   but they do predict 7-9 and they do imply that what we did last year won't work again this year....    lightning won't strike in the same spot twice...

well.. we are changing the offense that went 11-5.....I think 10-6 is a good bet but 7-9 is certainly possible.

I have purchased Pro Football weekly for decades..and I;m very sad to hear about ub and his crew.,

Print media is in a huge decline and no one wants to pay for on-line reporters and photographers..

The Chicago Sun-Times just fired ALL of their full-time photographers this week...

Do not be shocked if eithee the Sun-Times or Tribune folds or merges with the other..

They wont say it out loud but the day is coming when ther will be no actual paper copies of the Indianapolis Star

To a lot of us old folks, a publication that is only on line doenst really exist.

Hub always seemed like a decent guy and I feel bad that his life's work has been flushed away..

He'll get jobs but you can feel the sadness in that letter.

I can only say 'thanks'