Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will Reggie Wayne Get 1000 Yards?

Andy

Do you think he'll get to 1000 yards with Curtis Painter and Kerry Collins. As of right now, he's on pace to get 1045 yards, but it's quickly dropping. Do you think he'll make it there and get 8 straight years with 1000 yards receiving.

I'm not convinced we'll have 1,000 team passing yards yet.

Everyone who thinks Painter is going to be the answer is remembering a pre-season game, and one drive, and not the previous 2 years of abysmal production he put up in his playing time.

Virtually none of which included Wayne as a target. Sure he made a lot of mistakes, but young QBs do - particularly when behind the reserve oline and throwing to people who can't get open to save their lives. The "one pre-season game, and one drive", you mention are essentially the ONLY times where he had the full talent of the Colts in front of him. None of us - including Painter and the coaches - is yet in a position to determine what he can produce. How about giving him a real chance before you condemn him?

If Painter starts Reggie may have a career year if he is targeted as he was in the GB game. I was encouraged that Painter threw to Garcon more against Pittsburgh and stared down his receivers less.

Yes, I think that Reggie gets 1,000 yards this year regardless. He looks terrific so far. If Collins wasn't so inept he'd have had a huge day against Pittsburgh. I think he'll get his caches eventually.

Do you think he'll get to 1000 yards with Curtis Painter and Kerry Collins. As of right now, he's on pace to get 1045 yards, but it's quickly dropping. Do you think he'll make it there and get 8 straight years with 1000 yards receiving.

If preseason is any indication then yes. Wayne got about 6 balls in one series thrown to him from Painter, they def have some type of repore with eachother.