Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Harnish's Brother Burned in Farm Accident

colts 101

Qb Chandler Harnish's brother Piercen received second degree burns to his chest, arms, and face in an accident on the Family farm Saturday afternoon. He is home from the hospital and is expected to be 100% after a painful recovery. Piercen who finished his Sophomore year at Norwell High School is the teams starting linebacker and quarterback on the varsity football team, where he was named MVP his Freshman year. Having spoken with the family, I know he would love to receive cards from Colts fans. They can be mailed to Piercen Harnish, P.O. box 411, Bluffton, In 46714.

Burn injuries are traumatic to recover from, hope he makes a great recovery!!!

I have a friend who has had about 50 surgeries to his elbow and tissue all over his body after suffering 95% burns when he was studying at IUPUI, Hammond, his roommate friend died in the apartment fire.The miracle is he managed to survive, finished his MBA and now has a job that he drives to despite all the scars all over his body, he is almost like an experiment because doctors want to try different skin grafts and surgeries on him and he goes in with "it cant get any worse" and gets it done. Amazing will power, I don't think I would be nearly as strong as my friend, that is for sure.

The apartment fire was initiated by a nut job due to a domestic dispute where he poured gasoline all over his apartment, a floor below that of my friend, and set his girlfriend and her child on fire, he was sentenced to life in prison, and my friend's recorded testimony put him away for good. But the pain that all those families endured, can never be reduced.

Didn't want to "like" this, but thanks for posting. I hope he does come 100%, it sounds like he's a good athlete.

I know exactly what you mean Smonroe. Someone will write a really profound blog on a horrific event or heartbreaking tragedy & I would like to complement them on it & commend their keen insights like Chad72 above, but I don't want to literally like it making people think that I'm a sick, twisted, & depraved individual either.

Sometimes, it's hard to find a happy medium between observing a tragedy with the proper decorum & letting the author of a blog or entry know that what they said was very well written. Thank you for having the courage to state this dilemma publicly Smonroe.  :thmup:

Like everyone else has already stated, I pray for a swift recovery both mentally & physically for Piercen. 

I have a friend who has had about 50 surgeries to his elbow and tissue all over his body after suffering 95% burns when he was studying at IUPUI, Hammond, his roommate friend died in the apartment fire.The miracle is he managed to survive, finished his MBA and now has a job that he drives to despite all the scars all over his body, he is almost like an experiment because doctors want to try different skin grafts and surgeries on him and he goes in with "it cant get any worse" and gets it done. Amazing will power, I don't think I would be nearly as strong as my friend, that is for sure.

The apartment fire was initiated by a nut job due to a domestic dispute where he poured gasoline all over his apartment, a floor below that of my friend, and set his girlfriend and her child on fire, he was sentenced to life in prison, and my friend's recorded testimony put him away for good. But the pain that all those families endured, can never be reduced.

Yep, know a few burn victims myself. The mental scars are just as bad as the physical ones.

I know exactly what you mean Smonroe. Someone will write a really profound blog on a horrific event or heartbreaking tragedy & I would like to complement them on it & commend their keen insights like Chad72 above, but I don't want to literally like it making people think that I'm a sick, twisted, & depraved individual either.

Sometimes, it's hard to find a happy medium between observing a tragedy with the proper decorum & letting the author of a blog or entry know that what they said was very well written. Thank you for having the courage to state this dilemma publicly Smonroe.  :thmup:

Like everyone else has already stated, I pray for a swift recovery both mentally & physically for Piercen.

Yes, Chads story was horrific. It takes immense internal fortitude to carry on after that.

Maybe besides or instead of "like" there should be an "I support you" button?

Yep, know a few burn victims myself. The mental scars are just as bad as the physical ones.

For example I "liked" this post, not because I find joy in someone's suffering, but because I've heard the same thing as Qwizboy.

Exactly...        I have an uncle who survived 3rd degree burns  over half his body....         this happened when  he was CHILD  (4)

He is still alive today...  but he is not pretty to look at.    This man is totally disfigured. in face.        

I have more respect for this man than any other person I know.   

I cannot imagine how how growing up must a have been for him.   But he made it...   

And to the OP.....   this is a nice thing to do for someone who is having a hard time... 

The " like" button is just saying you appreciate someone for posting, not the material within the post. YouTube has this issue.

The " like" button is just saying you appreciate someone for posting, not the material within the post. YouTube has this issue.

For example I "liked" this post, not because I find joy in someone's suffering, but because I've heard the same thing as Qwizboy.

Very well put Joker! A like is essentially saying that you agree with a person's point of view or find what they said really innovative & fresh in some new way; not that you cheer for someone else's pain & discomfort. Thanks man! Just 1 of the many reasons you're a friend of mine Joker. Your clever & comfortable in your own skin.  :thmup:

JKR is good folk.... 

Very well put Joker! A like is essentially saying that you agree with a person's point of view or find what they said really innovative & fresh in some new way; not that you cheer for someone else's pain & discomfort. Thanks man! Just 1 of the many reasons you're a friend of mine Joker. Your clever & comfortable in your own skin.  :thmup:

Exactly...        I have an uncle who survived 3rd degree burns  over half his body....         this happened when  he was CHILD  (4)

He is still alive today...  but he is not pretty to look at.    This man is totally disfigured. in face.        

I have more respect for this man than any other person I know.   

I cannot imagine how how growing up must a have been for him.   But he made it...   

And to the OP.....   this is a nice thing to do for someone who is having a hard time... 

I know what you mean John. A guy in my sister's high school graduation class got severely burned in a fire & there was nothing surgeons could do to even reconstruct his face. As a matter of fact, I remember when I let my emotions get the better of me on here with ruksak about a Dallas Cowboy decision to not warn fans to sit on marble benches in the hot desert sun. I made the situation personal & I shouldn't have & I regret that. The good news is ruksak was calm, cool, & collected about the whole situation & he was very patient & understanding with me. He could have dismissed me, called me crazy, & never spoke to me again. Thankfully, he was the better man that day & didn't do that. I really respect ruksak for that. Plus, we both have a newfound appreciation for each other's ability to stand our ground & move to the beat of our drum. 

I respect you too John because you are a kind person who can comprehend the traumatic devastation of being severely burned. "I have more respect for this man than any other person I know." You don't fall prey to superficial crap in society that's pointless & means nothing. I think about my sister's severely burned classmate from time to time. How's he doing? Where is he at now in life? Would any woman be strong enough to marry him & deal with the cold, cruel, elephant man jokes? I guess I can relate because I know how stupid & insensitive some narrow minded people can be growing up with a physical disability. Thankfully, my friends can see beyond trivial physical limitations & respect me for me. I know that sounds corny but it's the truth. That's how empathy is generated in this world you say "Jesus, what if that was me? What would I do? How would I cope with this situation?"

Thanks for letting me ramble on here & to all my friends on here...You know who you are...Thanks for accepting me for who I am & I hope I return the favor & do the same for each of you as well...

I have a friend who has had about 50 surgeries to his elbow and tissue all over his body after suffering 95% burns when he was studying at IUPUI, Hammond, his roommate friend died in the apartment fire.The miracle is he managed to survive, finished his MBA and now has a job that he drives to despite all the scars all over his body, he is almost like an experiment because doctors want to try different skin grafts and surgeries on him and he goes in with "it cant get any worse" and gets it done. Amazing will power, I don't think I would be nearly as strong as my friend, that is for sure.

The apartment fire was initiated by a nut job due to a domestic dispute where he poured gasoline all over his apartment, a floor below that of my friend, and set his girlfriend and her child on fire, he was sentenced to life in prison, and my friend's recorded testimony put him away for good. But the pain that all those families endured, can never be reduced.

Woah! That's tragic and crazy! Thanks for sharing the story.