Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Use Collins As The 'relief Pitcher'

oldunclemark

This is 'old school' but maybe we should start Curtis Painter every week...

..and if he isnt playing well..bring in Collins in the 3rd or 4th quarter.

Old timers like me remember that the Washington Redskins used to do this with guys like Billy Kilmer and Sonny Jurgensen...

That way..the young guy gets a chance..and he may have a great day..and we win,

If not..bring the old hand out of the bullpen in a situation where he doesnt have to know the whole playbook....and take a beating for 4 quarters....

Collins would gain more from watching the first half than Painter would...

..and he might see one or two plays that could be made..

In the last couple of weeks one or two good plays would have won for us..

:facepalm:

If we are going have Painter looking over his shoulder every drive to see if we are bringing in Collins we might as well start the old man.

This is a terrible idea and we just need to stick with Painter. As inconsistent as he is he still knows the offense better, he knows the players better, and is not a statue in the backfield. We just need to ride Painter for the year and see what we got in the kid. Painter gives us the best chance to win and we just need to stick with him.

This bullpen idea is insane because it will throw the timing off with the WRs, split the practice reps, and just cause havoc with the offense.

I like the idea of running the ball, playing good defense, and having our passing game make a few plays which Painter can do more then Collins.

:facepalm:

If we are going have Painter looking over his shoulder every drive to see if we are bringing in Collins we might as well start the old man.

This is a terrible idea and we just need to stick with Painter. As inconsistent as he is he still knows the offense better, he knows the players better, and is not a statue in the backfield. We just need to ride Painter for the year and see what we got in the kid. Painter gives us the best chance to win and we just need to stick with him.

This bullpen idea is insane because it will throw the timing off with the WRs, split the practice reps, and just cause havoc with the offense.

I like the idea of running the ball, playing good defense, and having our passing game make a few plays which Painter can do more then Collins.

What timing.? Our vets are not that fragile.

I know you've watched the first 3 games....

and I dont want Painter out there getting massacred like jay Cutler..

The problem with what you're saying is that we dont know Painter can do anything. We havent seen it.

I hjavent given up on THIS season.

If the game is within reach but Painter is failing..we ALL want them to yank him for someone who MIGHT be able to spark the team..

Treat the QB position like any other..

If the starter is failing, go to the backup...

But then return to the young hpe the next week..

Teams have done it for years..and I bet we do it Monday..

I never want to see him on the field again. I never thought I could grow such a dislike, for a man I supported, in such little time.

EDIT: I cant believe some people actually believe the Colts are throwing the season. I just seen it somewhere else, I'm dumbfounded by that.

calm down, Striker...

You've seen Collins for 3 weeks and you hate him?

You've seen Painter sit for 3 years..and you want him?

Whoa....Be cool.

And here we are..

Painter starts and Collins is in the bullpen...if Painter goes south

It took a while..but we got it right...

You do know the Colts aren't a baseball team, right? May Collins can play in the top of the 9th inning and shoot a hole in one?