Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

colts upclose

CR91

I saw the video about Werner on YouTube about a week ago but it was in German. Kid has a unique football background. Kinda funny hearing his parents being worried that their son wanted to play a " fringe " sport like football.

DBH had a good interview. He sounds like a real class act and not too high on himself.

I saw the video about Werner on YouTube about a week ago but it was in German. Kid has a unique football background. Kinda funny hearing his parents being worried that their son wanted to play a " fringe " sport like football.

DBH had a good interview. He sounds like a real class act and not too high on himself.

Because of 'The League', I always find myself laughing whenever someone refers to a black person as a "class act".

They mentioned the concept creating "competition" in training camp, and I really see it being done. Not just talk. Remember the Broncos having a few good backs and the one that showed himself to be the best would get the most reps. I don't think you can overstate the importance and benefit of creating that kind of atmosphere. As the video said. It also helps create great depth that is so important to winning all year long.

Okay, so DHB said he's playing "X" WR. That's the #2 right? So it's official that TY will be slot?

Amd those gloves that K Will had on at the combine were sick!! Gotta get me a pair

Yeah, the X is the weak side WR. Last season they moved Reggie all over, unlike the PM years. It was a great way to give him the best match ups.

Who knows where Pep will play them.

Love that show, but I can't remember that episode.

They're talking about how sportscasters always refer to a particular race with a particular word.

I actually managed to find the transcript:

Andre: I met this doctor, Dr. Maxwell. Real class act.

Pete: Is he...black?

Andre: How'd you know?

Pete: Nine times out of ten, when a sportscaster is referring to someone as a "class act", they're talking about a head coach who's black. "Tony Dungy, what a class act."

Kevin: "Total. Lovie Smith—class act."

Andre: I never noticed that. I mean, it happens all the time?

Kevin: It's not just football. Sportscasters use these code words in all sports. If they're talking about a Latino player in baseball, like, "Ozzie Guillen is a..."

Ruxin: Firecracker. Latin guys are always firecrackers.

Kevin: "...firecracker."

Pete: Spark plug.

Kevin: Spark plug in the clubhouse.

Ruxin: Wes Welker is like a gym rat, a real scrappy player.

Kevin: Which is code word for "white."

Ruxin: Always a white guy.

Kevin: Ichiro Suzuki is...

Taco: Inscrutable.