Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone hear about a trade involving the Browns and Dolphins...

MrNLM

and not the trade involving Davone Bess for late round picks. I am talking a trade within the top 10 picks and it may involve a 3rd team. Something involving Joe Thomas maybe? Could the Dolphins REALLY be trying to trade away their first round pick for a player and some other pick(s) compensation?

If that is the case could Cleveland be pulling off a draft day miracle and drafting both Geno Smith and Tavon Austin? 

Imagine if it were true... an offense with Smith at QB, Richardson at RB, Gordon, Austin, and Bess at WR... and drafting a new LT later on in the draft.

if this were true it would look like, to me, Norv Turner is trying to resurrect a similar offense to his best days in SD.

MrNLM, on 24 Apr 2013 - 9:10 PM, said:

and not the trade involving Davone Bess for late round picks. I am talking a trade within the top 10 picks and it may involve a 3rd team. Something involving Joe Thomas maybe? Could the Dolphins REALLY be trying to trade away their first round pick for a player and some other pick(s) compensation?

If that is the case could Cleveland be pulling off a draft day miracle and drafting both Geno Smith and Tavon Austin?

What??!!

Where did you see this?

If the Browns include Joe Thomas in any trade...they better be getting a TON of compensation for him. Miami's 1st round pick is barely a down payment for a LT of Thomas' caliber....and the Browns would be nuts to trade him in the first place.

If Cleveland trades Joe Thomas....probably the best LT in football....for anything less than 2 first round picks plus a second round pick in an attempt to draft Geno Smith and Tavon Austin, they deserve to be cemented in another 15 years of misery.

What??!!

Where did you see this?

If the Browns include Joe Thomas in any trade...they better be getting a TON of compensation for him. Miami's 1st round pick is barely a down payment for a LT of Thomas' caliber....and the Browns would be nuts to trade him in the first place.

If Cleveland trades Joe Thomas....probably the best LT in football....for anything less than 2 first round picks plus a second round pick in an attempt to draft Geno Smith and Tavon Austin, they deserve to be cemented in another 15 years of misery.

My info comes from a Cleveland fan from another sports site I am a part of. It was all very vague but, he did mention that there might be a third unknown team in the mix and that this deal could set up Cleveland for the next 10 years. I will copy and past what he said word for word and let you make your own conclusions...

"Rumor I'm hearing is the browns are in talks with miami, not yet know if another team is involved but I'm also hearing maybe the eagles, on a huge draft day trade.  Miami sources are saying this will help the browns for the next 10 years.

If joe thomas is involved I may throw up a little...."

Seems the Joe Thomas talk is just speculation but, Miami needs one and Ireland seems to be going all in this year. If this season is another bust then he would be on his way out anyways... why not trade this year's first, next year's first and a bit more for a guy like Joe Thomas...