Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Joe Flacco to portray Johnny Unitas in upcoming movie

Jules

thanks for posting the link, I had seen this earlier today and not sure if we could post the link, but I see we can and thanks for doing it . . . its a nice blend of the radio broadcast and footage . . . my guess is the author did what he could do with footage he could get his hands on . . . I do know that ESPN did a program on this game, but it was only bits and pieces of the game mixed in with commentary from players old and present, i am sure most of your saw this program . . .

I am sure NFL films/NFL has the game stored away somewhere . . . be fun to watch the entire game . . .

I mean they have to. The recently found and restored Super Bowl 1.

If the NFL doesn't have it then NBC has to.

Seems like this was posted before. Sorry about that, but how did I miss something about Johnny U??? Must have been playing

music are something to miss it, just got excited about anything on J.U. Did look but didn't see it.. But I see it now and that's all that matters. I hope this movie lives up to my expectations?

I mean they have to. The recently found and restored Super Bowl 1.

If the NFL doesn't have it then NBC has to.

Somebody has it . . . my guess is that it is NBC or the NFL . . . as NFL films did not start its contract until the early 60s, it was the 61 or 62 NFL Championship game they won the rights to, so they were a few years after '58, but they may have it for historical reasons . . .

but it would be a rush to be able to sit down and watch the whole game with a big bucket of popcorn . . . i know during SB week, NFLN will show an entire game . . . I have seen back as early as SB3, nice to see that SB1 has been restored . . .

Somebody has it . . . my guess is that it is NBC or the NFL . . . as NFL films did not start its contract until the early 60s, it was the 61 or 62 NFL Championship game they won the rights to, so they were a few years after '58, but they may have it for historical reasons . . .

but it would be a rush to be able to sit down and watch the whole game with a big bucket of popcorn . . . i know during SB week, NFLN will show an entire game . . . I have seen back as early as SB3, nice to see that SB1 has been restored . . .

I would assume network TV keeps all of their programs in archives.

ABC televised the first in '48 then until '50.

DuMont televised from '51-'54

The NBC had it from '55-63.

ABC had it from '64 until SB 1.

FJC posted once the NFL can really rake it cash from fans if the sold seasons by DVD. How great would that be to buy the '53 Colts DVD or the '60 pats.

NOTE the link u gave losses the last play & win   no Ameche TD shown,, the download link has it all  I quickly checked when saw the creators comment

see  creators comment in repsoncse to person asking where is last play  after my link 

HOW DID U EVER FIND THIS < BLESS U 

& I am gone again, get this  aasted living would like me too make sure i am comfy with way moms laceration healed and attendent nurse will take out sutures / Staples & I want to make sure anyway

I will repeat this short version of basically tying drive and OT win   for those that may want  both  versions in 1 comment here to reference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=gY6hT-1BUZk

• Caladiscafrosis 2 days ago

Just to set you straight, when I created this game I included the ending. I don't know why this "green library films" didn't include the ending

. If you don't believe me search archive dot org for the 1958 NFL championship. I worked on this thing for four months and I sure as heck wouldn't leave the ending out.

Reply · pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gifpixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif in reply to worldwar2hb (Show the comment)
  • pixel-vfl3z5WfW.gif1.jpg

worldwar2hb 3 weeks ago

The greatest game ever played, n not to so the end,

Where the horse runs the ball

into WIN the game!

The BALTIMORE COLTS WON!

This guy that taped this short of the end of the game is either a N.Y. fan or just an

butt.

For those who weren't alive during this time, like myself. Radio broadcast with footage mixed it. Most is from the game, other is just filler for that player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBDvBU5LhDI

Yep. It's the whole broadcast.

link for download: http://archive.org/details/1958NflChampionship

Scroll down the page a little you'll see video types with their sizes. I have the windows media: 674MB one.

thanks for posting the link, I had seen this earlier today and not sure if we could post the link, but I see we can and thanks for doing it . . . its a nice blend of the radio broadcast and footage . . . my guess is the author did what he could do with footage he could get his hands on . . . I do know that ESPN did a program on this game, but it was only bits and pieces of the game mixed in with commentary from players old and present, i am sure most of your saw this program . . .

I am sure NFL films/NFL has the game stored away somewhere . . . be fun to watch the entire game . . .

I would assume network TV keeps all of their programs in archives.

ABC televised the first in '48 then until '50.

DuMont televised from '51-'54

The NBC had it from '55-63.

ABC had it from '64 until SB 1.

FJC posted once the NFL can really rake it cash from fans if the sold seasons by DVD. How great would that be to buy the '53 Colts DVD or the '60 pats.

Yah they probably could . . . but i kind of think the NFL it like Walt Disney (well in more ways than one), where in one way they hold onto their assets and feed them out to the masses bit by bit . . . before DVDs, Disney would only release their movies once every 7 years . . . so had to wait at the threater or on VHS the movie every 7 years . . . and I kind of think the NFL might not be in rush to release all of its games . . .

I remember after SB39, the local radio station promised to reair the radio broadcast of the SB the following Sunday . . . they advertised it and notthing was said till time of the broadcast at 6 pm . . . was all geared up to list to it and then they came on and said "due to contractual obligations to the NFL and copyright obligations we are unable to broadcast the game" that really irked me a great deal . . . at the last minute the NFL steps in and pulls the plug . . . like a lot of poeple are going to be listening to it . . . maybe a few thousand in NE adn that is about it . ..but i will never forget that . . .

but it would be cool to get our hands on some of the old games . . .

Obviously, I like the idea of a Baltimore Quarterback playing Johnny Unitas. Flacco is an inspired choice, and this is definately an upgrade to the disgrace ESPN put on about the 1958 NFL Championship game with non-Baltimore players commenting on the game. I like history in context, and this suits me fine.

Peyton Manning would make much more sense in prominence.

Flacco makes sense with being in Baltimore where Unitas had his success.

Neither guy would be good picks because actual professional would give this film credibility. Won't be surprised if this is a straight to DVD release.