Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC Free Agent Winners & Losers (Colts are Neither)

NewColtsFan

Exactly  - Grigson like Polian has a vision  when Manning was drafted the media second guessed - Ryan Leaf on paper looked pretty good & was bigger & stronger .

Edgerin James over Ricky Williams raised some eye brows in the media , IMO how players on any team fit is based on coaching as well as talent I believe maybe Chuck Pagano has a system that fits the players brought in  better then there last team & stats & playing time don't tell the whole story -  for instance in my book without Jim Harbaugh Alex Smith looked like a bust - Now a Chief QB starter - Stats & playing time so far can't say he'll be a bust or really good & they don't mean everything especially with a new coach & team  .In his case they point out change was good, But will Andy Reid be able to get a playoff berth because of it ? On paper the Chiefs look pretty good but there paper tigers till they hit the field  . At this point the Confusion is all on the outside of the Colts Complex inside there focused on winning filling holes & getting better are there goals . FA filled & upgraded the talent how much remains to be seen .

Good insight i love Grigson he is willing to take chances GO COLTS

Thanks for that fine piece of journalism. Not! Maybe, just maybe, the Patriots haven't won a super bowl lately because they don't have the likes of Seymour, Bruschi, Law, Harrison and McGinest playing on defense. But what do I know?

I used a big font to show u the section of ur coment I was commenting on....

im guessing the only reason you think Levitre and Vasquez are better than Thomas is because you have heard their name, not because you have actually watched them play. 

Uh no. I've watched Levitre open up holes for Jackson and Spiller for the last couple years. Buffalo would have served themselves better running the ball more than letting Fitz air it out so much. If it wasn't for those guys having some injuries I believe they would have had a chance to lead the league in rushing they had that kind of running attack. I also felt their interior line did a very good job of keeping Fiz clean in passing situations. I think Tennessee got a great guy that will fit their running game perfectly. Vasquez is a definately up and coming lineman and was excellent for San Diego. Trust me Phillip Rivers will surely miss the guy. He is also was good in the run game. San Diego fans knew they didn't have the money to keep him but all of them were ticked he went to Denver...a divisional team. They loved the guy and weren't happy he was going to be helping Peyton. Thomas was a solid acquisition. He can play multiple spots but I wouldn't necessarily say he plays any at a pro bowl level like these other two do. I liked Thomas....I just wanted one or the other to play along side him. I felt our issue was up the middle more so than from our tackles. 

Look..I don't know who you are..or why you think you know anything about me. How would you know which players I follow and what teams I watch. Fact is I like to watch as many games as possible on sunday ticket and gameday online because I love football. I've seen plenty of both teams because I generally follow AFC teams as they affect the Colts mostly and of course because I still follow Peyton in Denver. I just find it rediculous that you assume to know anything about how my opinions are formed. These guys also got talked about a lot because....they are that good! Of course I've heard of them. Man I tell you if you have an opinion on this site that doesn't adhere to the "I never question the front office or anything the Colts do" you get grilled on here. Funny its ok to look back and criticize Polian or someone in the past but if its something happening right now...or a current player...dang Colts Defense Force will attack you.

I am 100% behind our team...will cheer like crazy...and hope everyone of them becomes great. It would be nice if all of Grigsons move work out but I find it comical the way people attack one another on here for their opinions...especially if they give reasons or support for them. It would be different if the comments were without any merit or thought. People disagree...why worry. Its like peanut butter....some like it crunchy some smooth....you don't see people get upset about it.

That is what got lost in the Walden signing too he's really good at helping to stop the run.

See, but in the new media driven NFL stopping the run isn't "sexy" therefore if you don't overpay for a guy who can get sacks you did something wrong.

Didn't we just boot a guy who got sacks, but was a liability in the run game, and didn't fit our scheme? I'm not saying Avril, or any other FA was a Freeney clone per say, but I have to imagine Grigson is taking heavy input from Pags on the kind of guys he likes.

Also Colts being neither a winner or a loser? What a cop out. That just reeks of not knowing what your talking about and trying to avoid looking stupid either way.

Thanks for that fine piece of journalism. Not! Maybe, just maybe, the Patriots haven't won a super bowl lately because they don't have the likes of Seymour, Bruschi, Law, Harrison and McGinest playing on defense. But what do I know?

Way to snub Lawyer Milloy for the 2001 SB team.

I still don't understand how the Titans are winners. I don't see anything special at all in their signings and they are so bad, it's gonna take a heck of a lot more than a good guard, decent TE and a couple of average other players to bring them any hope at all.

Once again right on my friend,they will be fighting it out with the Jags for last place