Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Romo to get extended soon

ColtsBlueFL

The Dallas Cowboys are only about 150k under the cap right now.  Romo is in his last year of his deal and over 16.8 million cap hit.  His base is 11.5 million this year (bonus against the cap 5.3+ mil).  An extension will certainly reduce the cap  for this year and allow Dallas to make move(s) and draft signings.  There is no question this will get done, and quite soon I predict.

My question, after the deal Joe Flacco was able to get, and the leverage Romo/agent has over the Cowboys because of cap space, what kind of multiyear deal, and what pay do you think Romo will get?  Will Tony become the highest paid QB in the league now?  Or will lack of post season success hinder his position, and if so, by how much?

This should be an interesting thing to keep an eye on.  I'm just glad we have a few more years with Luck at his rookie contract level.  When it comes time to extend Luck, I expect him to become the highest paid QB in the league at that time. (at least I hope his play would point to that, but a hometown discount would be nice!)