Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots looking to replace Welker with Danny Amendola -.SAYS Florio

bayone

That's exactly what I thought amfootball. Brady took less money to keep Welker in NE. Seattle would be a great fit for Welker...Former NE HC, a kick caboose secondary, a beast in RB Lynch, & an up & coming QB star in Russell Wilson. I like it! 

Welker isn't their only free agent. I was thinking more about Talib and Vollmer, who are more important to the Pats now and moving forward than Welker is.

Superman, on 06 Mar 2013 - 18:28, said:

Welker isn't their only free agent. I was thinking more about Talib and Vollmer, who are more important to the Pats now and moving forward than Welker is.

Yes, you are exactly right Superman Talib is a heck of a lot more important that Welker is...Good point! :thmup: NE needs a CB that can get the ball back for Brady & deny the other team 6 points. That's why NE hasn't won a SB in 8 years a poor secondary with low turnovers on average & I am being kind when I say "low turnovers."

I wonder if NE misses Asante Samuel now in Atlanta? Hmmm...

Well said Barry.  :thmup:  Too bad too. He had such promise when HC Josh McDaniels drafted him. You're exactly right though. Moreno just sucks at pass blocking. I'm not trying to be cruel here. I am just stating what I see as reality. Can Moreno improve? Sure he can. Frankly, he can't get any worse IMO. 

KNOW WE GOT OFF TOPIC BUT TO ANSWER U 

Moreno OK at Pass blocking, Its Hillman that sucks as u say at that

Moreno ist few games much better than last few though was playing well in playoff till injured

In either case a bigger healthier power back that can block and has some decent catching ability is needed, doesnt have to be a speedster , but needs capable of fighting & getting that extra yard for a first down when called to 

I am wondering if they go for Steven Jackson, but he is aging too and has mileage but in a multi back system wont need to carry load and kep legs fresher

Eddie Lacy is perfect if falls to them at 28 if want to draft a RB in fist round with other needs, are few others that would serve purpose Montee Ball for example in a different round, though i must admit I am not familiar with all college RB's abilities

Still dont belive should of traded away pick to tampa that they could of taken Doug Martin with & who Denver later said was high on their boards (( problem solved )) && still may have gotten wolfe where picked osweiler instead , now true Bronco fans may like this for future , but I wanted as Elway said a win now situatiion and use all picks last year while peyton had a window , u just have to wonder what would of happened with Martin and willis sharing the load and hillman in for stretch plays etc or in pass routes

& I love how the extra pick they got by trading back 2 times in first round they had to give away to trade back down to take hillman, when could of had Ballard

But cant keep  looking  back & wonder, must accept and move on or u will be stuck in the past

Going back to Denver & their need for a RB that can run & block effectively...If you forced me to make a decision, I would ride with Steven Jackson a bleeping stud with power, speed, & he blocks better than Reggie Bush. Plus, Bush already won a SB ring with New Orleans. I'd love to see Jackson win a ring with a horse head on his helmet personally. 

2nd the idea of bringing in Jackson. The guy deserves better and he wants to play for a winning team. Also he is not as fragile as Bush who is more similar to Hillman but much more expensive, and he should still have enough gas in the tank. I'd take him to replace McGahee any time.