Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A different take on Ezekiel Ansah

For the most part, almost everybody on this board as well as football fans back home have been talking about him as a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 OLB. People are now starting so see him as something else. A 3-4 DE. He is already 270 lbs give or take. Looks like he will be able to put on 15 or 20 lbs more with an NFL strength program. The fact that he has spent lots of time playing inside and had succes doing also leads to this possibility. Not likely to fall to the colts but what if?

What if? I'd pass and not think twice, to raw and we dont need raw with our 1st round selection, hey its great if he comes out for another team and lights the field up with his play but I dont see it happeneing, he doesn't warrant a 1st round pick in my opinion unless your a team with no needs and can afford to gamble, But not for us

Aside from whether he's worth a first round pick or not (I believe he is)  when you find a player with such rare physical gifts,  you do NOT want to turn him into something less.    And that's what you'd be doing with him by having him gain 20 pounds.

No.    Keep him at his weight 270-275 and just teach him the game.

He's already come a long way in a short time.   The ceiling on this guy is tremendous.   This is where coaching staffs earn their money.   Taking a raw but talented kid and coaching them up.

Whoever takes him -- whether it's the Colts or some other franchise -- they're taking him as either a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 RDE.   They're not trying to turn him into something he's not.   And if they do?   IMO, that's a badly run franchise that's trying to take a round peg and pound into a square hole.

Aside from whether he's worth a first round pick or not (I believe he is)  when you find a player with such rare physical gifts,  you do NOT want to turn him into something less.    And that's what you'd be doing with him by having him gain 20 pounds.

No.    Keep him at his weight 270-275 and just teach him the game.

He's already come a long way in a short time.   The ceiling on this guy is tremendous.   This is where coaching staffs earn their money.   Taking a raw but talented kid and coaching them up.

Whoever takes him -- whether it's the Colts or some other franchise -- they're taking him as either a 3-4 OLB or a 4-3 RDE.   They're not trying to turn him into something he's not.   And if they do?   IMO, that's a badly run franchise that's trying to take a round peg and pound into a square hole.

That's what I've been saying about him.  People who compare him to Dontari Poe are way off base.  Poe has never been productive a day in his life...except at the  combine.  Ansah was having a bad week at the Senior Bowl and Mike Mayock was doubting him.  Game time comes and he outplays EVERYBODY on the field.  Mayock raves about him now and you see he is being mocked in the top 10-15 whereas he was being mocked near our pick.