Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What The Original Fan Should Hope For.

Barkman76

I have been a fan since 1986. With that being said the team as it looks now is better looking on paper than the 1995 playoff team with Harbaugh at qb. I would absolutely love to see Collins who is getting old sling the ball and get rid of it fast because these young olineman wont be perfect or even good for a few games. I wouldnt be surprised to see Curtis Painter have to come in for Collins sine Collins cant possibly know more than a fourth of our playbook!!! Thats right I said it im backing my Colts up! I wore the blue jacket to school in the 80's when the Colts werent cool. I know Curtis Painter has the talent to play! The Colts players themselves have spoken for him and they have said yes he is capable. I just hope Painter gains an important thing called confidence because we will need everybody to be ready. I am most excited about the rookies Delone Carter and Joe Lefeged the FA safety from Rutgers. I wrote them down when i was bed ridden from a surgery in january! Yeah I said it in Jan I youtubed and scouted those two players!!! Whether that means I have a future in scouting remains to be seen. GO Colts!!! Theres only room for one stud!

Just a note but if it's entitled orginal fan shouldn't that be from 1984?

With that said I do think this team without Manning and with Collins reminds me a lot of the middle 90's Colts. They have enough talent that can beat any team in the NFL but they could as easily lose to any team in the NFL. That's why I think this came go any where between 5-11 and 9-7 without Manning. We just gotta sit back and wait and see what happens. We'll have a much better idea where out team is after Sunday.

Just a note but if it's entitled orginal fan shouldn't that be from 1984?

With that said I do think this team without Manning and with Collins reminds me a lot of the middle 90's Colts. They have enough talent that can beat any team in the NFL but they could as easily lose to any team in the NFL. That's why I think this came go any where between 5-11 and 9-7 without Manning. We just gotta sit back and wait and see what happens. We'll have a much better idea where out team is after Sunday.

If you ask me, the absolute best we can do with Collins at QB is 12-4. The chances of it are low, but it is still possible. Collins isn't some scrub QB who we just found; he is a proven vet

If you ask me, the absolute best we can do with Collins at QB is 12-4. The chances of it are low, but it is still possible. Collins isn't some scrub QB who we just found; he is a proven vet

Well in theory right now the best we can do is 16-0 with Collins we haven't lost a game yet (worth reminding people at times right now).

I think we are going to win and lose based on how the o-line does. The games they play well I think we'll win. The games they struggle I think we are going to struggle. One thing Collins can't do is cover up the lines struggles like Manning did at times. He doesn't have Manning's footwork in the pocket or his lighting quick release.

Well in theory right now the best we can do is 16-0 with Collins we haven't lost a game yet (worth reminding people at times right now).

I think we are going to win and lose based on how the o-line does. The games they play well I think we'll win. The games they struggle I think we are going to struggle. One thing Collins can't do is cover up the lines struggles like Manning did at times. He doesn't have Manning's footwork in the pocket or his lighting quick release.

That's why play calling could be all important this year. Run when they expect pass and pass when they expect run. We usually knew when Manning was going to pass he just did it so well the other team couldn't stop it. Collins is smart that is one thing he's got going for him. I think he could surprise some people. Just probably not the first couple of games.

I look for collins to take a lot of shots deep,i think that's his strength.

I agree 100% I think if he can hang on to the ball Garcon is going to LOVE Collins. He's our speedy get deep guy. Frankly when we are talking just long balls it's one are I think Collins is better than Manning.

Also worth noting, Collins was ranked something like 29th out of 32 QBS over the last few years when in the shotgun. So I would look for us to have him under center more than we would with Manning.

Even more important than the Dline?

I can't picture Collins pulling off one of those 3 TD comebacks that we've come to enjoy. Time of possession may become much more important to the Colts. If they can't get off the field, nothing else matters. On the other hand if they give Collins enough chances with all those weapons, something good should happen.

I hope.

Even more important than the Dline?

I can't picture Collins pulling off one of those 3 TD comebacks that we've come to enjoy. Time of possession may become much more important to the Colts. If they can't get off the field, nothing else matters. On the other hand if they give Collins enough chances with all those weapons, something good should happen.

I hope.

Yes even more important than the d-line even without Manning we are still built to be an offensive team. That didn't just change when Manning went out. The defense isn't going to change without Manning in it's make up. They didn't lose anyone. They are still going to be at best a middle of the pack defense. So I think it's silly to count of them to start winning games for us. They aren't built for that and just because Manning isn't here doesn't mean they magically became built to do that. I agree with what Freeney said when he was asked if it was time for them to step up, he said something to the effect of no because that would mean they weren't trying as hard as they could in the past.

Clearly I don'think Collins is going to pull off the magical comebacks Manning did. That's going to be one of the effects of not having Manning. We need to do the best we can to not get in that spot in the first place. If we do we are probably done.

Yes even more important than the d-line even without Manning we are still built to be an offensive team. That didn't just change when Manning went out. The defense isn't going to change without Manning in it's make up. They didn't lose anyone. They are still going to be at best a middle of the pack defense. So I think it's silly to count of them to start winning games for us. They aren't built for that and just because Manning isn't here doesn't mean they magically became built to do that. I agree with what Freeney said when he was asked if it was time for them to step up, he said something to the effect of no because that would mean they weren't trying as hard as they could in the past.

Clearly I don'think Collins is going to pull off the magical comebacks Manning did. That's going to be one of the effects of not having Manning. We need to do the best we can to not get in that spot in the first place. If we do we are probably done.

Makes sense. I guess that I'm referring to myself holding out hope that the change of philosophy (and the three newcomers) on the dline will result in significant improvement. If the dline is as bad as it was at times last year, it may not matter much what the Oline does. Collins is never going to score on the same % of possessions as Peyton (which now that I think about it is a statistic that would probably be very interesting to consider when comparing QBs).