Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck's numbers are not very impressive

BProland85

Luck has the right atmosphere to grow with Arians and Christensen, let's give him some time.

That said, I wish people here would be a little more open minded in general. Some folks want to label you as from a certain camp and think that just because you say one negative thing that you aren't a "fan" of that player or the team. I feel these same people are afraid that any admittance of inaccuracy may be construed as admitting they were wrong about other things, when this is simply not the case. Learn to watch a game by yourself and make your own observations, and try to be objective.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Luck has the right atmosphere to grow with Arians and Christensen, let's give him some time.

That said, I wish people here would be a little more open minded in general. Some folks want to label you as from a certain camp and think that just because you say one negative thing that you aren't a "fan" of that player or the team. I feel these same people are afraid that any admittance of inaccuracy may be construed as admitting they were wrong about other things, when this is simply not the case. Learn to watch a game by yourself and make your own observations, and try to be objective.

I just happen to think a rookie QB struggling with accuracy isn't exactly a new problem in the NFL. In fact it's the norm and if you go back and look at recent top QBs taken in drafts the numbers back it up. I agree it's something he needs to work on and I am sure he will but I just don't think it's a reason to reach for the panic button like some are doing. If this is still a problem three to four years from now then yes it's time to panic.

I just happen to think a rookie QB struggling with accuracy isn't exactly a new problem in the NFL. In fact it's the norm and if you go back and look at recent top QBs taken in drafts the numbers back it up. I agree it's something he needs to work on and I am sure he will but I just don't think it's a reason to reach for the panic button like some are doing. If this is still a problem three to four years from now then yes it's time to panic.

2 years. In fact, by the end of next season.

Are you saying Weeden is in a better position to succeed than Luck? I would say the Colts are better than the Browns and Luck has a HOF receiver in Wayne. Weeden had a very good day despite the deep ball right on the hands for a TD that was dropped.

Rookie QB's are a continuous work in progress and it will take years before we see how Luck is really going to do in the NFL. Look at Cam Newton's and Sam Bradford's rookies seasons (which were great) and their 2nd years (which were/are subpar).

We shouldn't compare Luck's stats to Peytons rookie year as they are too far apart and the passing game in the NFl has changed greatly. We should be comparing him to his current counterparts.

I do expect Luck to perform well at home against bad teams though.

No but I'm saying Weeden had better protection than Luck. Luck was feeling pressure right off the snap on many plays, no QB is immune to that. I think you expect better protection from the Oline, which will lead to better play from Luck.

My only worry about Luck is that he will either get hurt or become so tired of getting beat up in the pocket he will develop a bad case of David Carr syndrome that will require multiple sports psychologists to cure. Probably cost him at least a million in therapy.

My friends Brent, Gavin, and Jules are right as rain baby. No need to pick up the red phone and hit the nuclear switch just yet. Last night, I just watched a very good historical documentary on the Cuban Missile Crisis when the U.S. was on the brink of armageddon in 1962 with Fidel Castro, JFK, and Nikita Khrushchev. That was a real crisis will full fledged bomb, fall out shelters too. This Luck situation isn't; let the kid develop okay. Thank you.

Ariel photo of Soviet missiles in Cuba ready to be aimed and fired at the United States....Separate a real crisis from a manufactured false one please. Thank you.

220px-U2_Image_of_Cuban_Missile_Crisis.jpg

My only worry about Luck is that he will either get hurt or become so tired of getting beat up in the pocket he will develop a bad case of David Carr syndrome that will require multiple sports psychologists to cure. Probably cost him at least a million in therapy.

Or Steve Young syndrome where he will get the heck out of here first chance he gets and go on to a super bowl winning team leaving the Colts with nothing.

He's a ROOKIE quarterback who is under Pressure every other play.. He has no line and no running game. For his experience and the cast he has around him I think he's doing a tremendous job. He has the Colts at 500. In the next few years everyone who's bashing him now is going to feel awfully bold when he's lighting up defenses. Just suck it up this year. Grigson and Irsay will fix this team as fast as thy can.

He's a ROOKIE quarterback who is under Pressure every other play.. He has no line and no running game. For his experience and the cast he has around him I think he's doing a tremendous job. He has the Colts at 500. In the next few years everyone who's bashing him now is going to feel awfully bold when he's lighting up defenses. Just suck it up this year. Grigson and Irsay will fix this team as fast as thy can.

Well said Luck1824 or should I just call Bob Sanders? Just Kidding!!! I love your avatar though. :thmup:

Patience: “The ability to endure waiting or delay without being annoyed or upset. To preserve calmly when faced with shortcomings, setbacks, and other difficulties.”

Wisdom: "Sensible knowledge and sound judgment acquired through astute and insightful years of experience. A calmness in the eye of a disaster during a period of doubt or crisis.”

P.S. Regarding my Cuban Missile Crisis post above, I wish movie theaters would bring back current events in the old black-n-white format. Old news reels are so cool and vintage IMO!!!