Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Starlite Lotulelei v. USC 2012

mingo is very thin and isn't good vs the run, we would take montgomery before him. our offensive line is better then what u think it is and defensive line is more of a concern.

16 sacks through 6 games (average 2.6 sacks allowed per game) and 39 QB Hurries (average 7 per game) is not better then I think it is, we are on pace to give up over 40 sacks not to mention we cant run the ball to save our lives (yes I know Ballard had a 26 yard gain on a blown tackle)

USC's Center was still very much hurt. He had already missed the Stanford game.

He was back for this game, but not even close to 100%. This is a very misleading tape.

Honestly, I love the kid, but I don't want to spend a high #1 on a NT. Too much chance for injury. Not enough pass rush.

A decent NT can be found in later rounds.

There's a reason you don't see NT's taken high in the first round. In fact, you rarely even see them taken in the 1st round at all. The position takes a pounding. You can't play that position at a high level for 10 years. Way too much wear and tear. Eventually, it all takes a toll.

Sorry. Love 'em. But not for me. I'm still trading down and picking up draft picks along the way.

I think Chapman will pan out just fine. I don't really see a need for picking Lotulelei. I think we need another CB,

We also will need an OLB to replace Freeney. Offensive line as well, although I do think the current group is going

to get better as the year progresses and they get used to each other. We have to remember that none of our lineman

have played together as a unit for even a year. I think they are going to get better if the injuries don't keep forcing us

to put new people in every single week.

16 sacks through 6 games (average 2.6 sacks allowed per game) and 39 QB Hurries (average 7 per game) is not better then I think it is, we are on pace to give up over 40 sacks not to mention we cant run the ball to save our lives (yes I know Ballard had a 26 yard gain on a blown tackle)

yeah but half of those sacks you have to put on luck, he holds on to the ball too long sometimes. i know offensive line is a need but as a team were loosing because of our defense not the offense. every opposing qb we played so far has had a great game or high completion % and that needs to change if we want to win more games. we have to get a defensive player this draft and freeney won't be back next year. hankins would be #1 on grigson board but if he' gone then bjoern werner, sam montgomery, or corey lemonier would be the pick.

I think Chapman will pan out just fine. I don't really see a need for picking Lotulelei. I think we need another CB,

We also will need an OLB to replace Freeney. Offensive line as well, although I do think the current group is going

to get better as the year progresses and they get used to each other. We have to remember that none of our lineman

have played together as a unit for even a year. I think they are going to get better if the injuries don't keep forcing us

to put new people in every single week.

chapman and lotulelei are two totally different players and would be used totally different

chapman and lotulelei are two totally different players and would be used totally different

In what sense? If they are both playing nose tackle, what do you think would be different?

If Chapman were playing well for us right now, almost no one in this forum would be calling

for us to draft Lotulelei.

Lets not forget when talking about Nose tackle that you need more than just one. I agree and think Chapman should be given a chance and could be very solid but were gonna need someone behind him. Yes we have McKinney but I really dont know wheather he's going to be able to stay healthy. My feelings are hes going to be injured alot. So so taking another NT isnt a mistake or even bad. You need quality depth so can rotate and keep guys fresh. And Star would be awsome to have. He would do well agaisnt the run and he would definatley push the pocket in the middle and bring prussure from the middle which we don't seem to have much of right now. Hankins would be nice as well even though I dont think he overpowers guys like Star does but he is still really good.

In what sense? If they are both playing nose tackle, what do you think would be different?

If Chapman were playing well for us right now, almost no one in this forum would be calling

for us to draft Lotulelei.

lotulelei would be a 34 end for the colts while chapman is a nt in the mold of casey hampton

lotulelei would be a 34 end for the colts while chapman is a nt in the mold of casey hampton

To me he would be better suited to play NT, but I will say he is versatile enough to play DE in a 3-4.

I was thinking of him more as a NT in our scheme. We would likely be pretty solid up front with him as a

DE in our scheme if you combined him with Chapman, and Redding. We would still need to get an OLB

after we release Freeney. I still think we need another CB in the draft because I don't think Powers is the long-term

answer. However we might be able to find something in FA, and move Powers down to the nickel.

Then we still have the issue of the OL, although I think our biggest issue is not being able to keep the same lineman

on the field each game consistently enough to build continuity. Personally I don't think the OL needs a major overahaul,

but more time together, and the addition of one or two solid guards.

I also think we need another RB to go along with Brown and Ballard, but I think we may be able to pick up a late round

gem from somewhere.