oldunclemark

No surprise, hh?

Posted October 16, 2012, 8:30 am MT

ESPN ratings for Monday Night Football: They’re watching in Indy

By Mike Klis

The Denver Post

mike%20klis-171.jpg

San Diego —

Some of the early ratings numbers are in for the Broncos’ dramatic 35-24 win against the San Diego Chargers on Monday night.

*In Denver, the game delivered a 15.2 rating on ESPN and a 21.1 rating on KTVD for a combined 36.3 rating in the market

*In San Diego, the game delivered a 14.0 rating on ESPN and a 21.1 rating on KFMB-CBS, for a combined 35.0 rating in the market.

Frankly, I’m surprised Denver didn’t draw a bigger number. I wonder how many people shut the game off at halftime?

The top-10 rated markets: Las Vegas (17.9), New Orleans (16.4), Indianapolis (14.3), Albuquerque, N.M. (13.7), Phoenix (13.0), Birmingham, Ala. (11.6), Charlotte (11.5), Kansas City (11.3), Norfolk/Portsmouth, Va. (11.2) and Seattle (11.0).

This is no surprise considering how much Manning meant to Indianapolis. The guy really kept this franchise from moving out and laid the ground work for LOS and the Super Bowl. None of that happens without Manning turning this franchise around.

I came to terms with the decision, but that does not mean I will not watch every game of Manning and root for him every chance I get except whenever he plays against the Colts.