Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Taking a Chance

Besides playing in regular FF leagues, I also play in 2 Salary Cap leagues online. For me, this is a different and fun challenge. For those that aren't familiar with a salary cap league, there is no draft. You can pick up anyone any week, as long as you stay under the cap limit. Every week, depending on performance, etc, the players price can rise or fall. So your cap limit will rise and fall, depending on how your players perform. Please also note that return yards count as well.

I'm currently in the 96th percentile in my one league. You need 2 QB's, 2 RB's 2 WR/TE's and 1 defense.

Right now, My roster is as follows ( I dropped Graham and Sproles, on byes and injuries.

QB's Luck and Peyton

RB's Richardson and Ridley

WR"s Wayne and????

Def Houston

I have that choice narrowed to 3 picks..for that 3rd WR/TE spot...Remember, I am limited by price...

The two best options are Andre Johnson, or Brian Hartline, but I was seriously thinking of taking a flyer this week on TY Hilton...Yeah, I know what you're thinking, I just see a TD, 65-80 yards receiving, an maybe a long return.

The other thing with taking Hilton, is that I also have Reggie..(Whom I had since day 1...( Also had Luck and Houston D since day 1 as well so my cap went way up)

I'm really stuck between Hartline, and Hilton...Is Hilton, for this game only, worth taking a shot in the dark at?

I'm having no issues with my other team in a different league..I am in the 97th percentile, 1,232 over all, and in my two groups, Fans of Indy I am 40th, out of 1471 teams, and Fans from California, I'm 93rd out of 4,725 with a solid squad.

QB Peyton

RB Foster and Richardson

WR Reggie and D Thomas

Flex A Roberts from Arizona

TE Chandler (had to drop Graham due to bye and injury)

K Tucker

Def Houston.

I welcome any and all thoughts on my question..thanks!

I'd take Andre against a GB defense that couldn't handle Wayne.

That being said, I do like Hilton as well. He could have a breakout performance against a Jets D who gameplans to stop Wayne. Of course, Avery could be that guy as well...