Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Injuries starting to catch up to Colts defense

bayone

Five starters and a key backup did not practice Wednesday,

EXCERPTS

The list includes outside linebackers Dwight Freeney (ankle) and Robert Mathis (knee), inside linebacker Pat Angerer (foot), defensive end Fili Moala (knee), cornerback Vontae Davis (ankle) and backup nose tackle Martin Tevaseu (ankle).

“We have a bunch of guys who probably won’t practice today but they’re all questionable for the game,” interim Colts coach Bruce Arians said Wednesday.

Running back Donald Brown (knee) is out and expected to miss two to three weeks after surgery Wednesday,

and questionable is likely too rosy a projection for Mathis,

A source said Mathis is expected to miss two to three games

Arians said Freeney, who had missed three weeks before playing against Green Bay on Sunday, came through the game all right and that his practice reps will be limited to assure he’s available Sunday. Arians said Davis’ condition is improving. The coach also hopes guard Joe Reitz (knee) might get his first practice work since training camp, although he will not play

Center Samson Satele (knee), who missed last week and was unable to finish the previous two games, is expected back this week.

There were two other newcomers to the active roster for Wednesday’s practice. Defensive end Clifton Geathers was activated from the practice squad and could play in Moala’s absence

& Nose tackle Antonio Dixon was told by coaches he will play this week.

“But I’m built as a 3-4 dude,” said Dixon, 6-3, 322. “I always wanted to play the 3-4 because I’m good at stopping the run.”

This is Week 6 of the NFL season, meaning another Colts nose tackle, Josh Chapman, is eligible to return to the active roster.

He will not return sooner than a couple weeks, if at all. The Colts believe they have a steal in Chapman, whom they acquired in the fifth round of the draft. ( PERSONALY I THINK WE ALL SHOULD AGREE WITH HES A STEAL )

http://www.indystar.com/article/20121010/SPORTS03/121010041/Injuries-starting-catch-up-Colts-defense

“It’s going to be a very hard decision whether or not we go with him this year,” Arians said. “