Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trying to get rid of McFadden

It all depends on if he thinks McFadden will bounce back or not. If he is like you, then he probably won't take the trade. Try talking him up a lot, like "once the WR's are finally healthy teams won't stack the box as much" yadadada. Also hype up Hernandez as a potential top 5 TE.

Here is the deal. I have Darren McFadden myself but I see the matchups he has down the road.

Chiefs twice, Browns once, Panthers and Saints yet to come, Falcons can be run on than being passed on. That is 6 out of the remaining 9 or 10 games (depends on when your playoffs start) where McFadden will have good matchups. He did well vs the Steelers and caught a lot of passes vs the Chargers, the 2 games he gave double digit points.

He has at least given double digits in 2 out of his 4 games. It may not justify his high draft pick right now but if you look league wide, week 4 was the best week of offense league wide. This year, unlike the lockout, like I predicted, would be a year where Ds will start out better than Os. Packers, Saints, Patriots all took a few games to get their offenses going.

I would wait at least 2 games after the bye week before trading him. Just my two cents. You are losing too much in this trade long term, IMO.