Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MLB Situation. What Say Ye!

krunk

What plays has Freeman made? One INT? Thats it. Angerer has 3 forced fumbles and an INT. Not to mention the takcles for losses he had last year.

yep your right.....last year, not pushing him out, I like the guy alot but Freeman has been a stud both in the preseason and in game 1 of regular season, as far as what plays Freeman has made 5 tackles and a pick 6 just in game 1

And that is why Conner is staying on the field when Angerer gets back. Their styles complement each others

I know Conner is staying on the field, what I am saying is Freeman brings something to the table that Angerer does not, Freeman can cover a Tight End as well as read where a pass is going. I dont think it will be so easy fir Angerer to be the starter when he gets, I hope for a rotation

Does that go for Conner as well who was in the same "gang tackling" defense?

you can when most of your tackles are gang tackles, I think our Linebackers would be best used in a rotation

We'll just agree to disagree. We both like Conner as a player, but in my eye his skill set does not offer more

than Angerer to the point where there needs to be a rotation. We'll see when it all goes down

We'll just agree to disagree. We both like Conner as a player, but in my eye his skill set does not offer more

than Angerer to the point where there needs to be a rotation. We'll see when it all goes down

54 of them were assisted tackles last year (thats what the stat says on NFL Network) and no his 5 tackles vs the Bears were all unassisted, he made some great plays

All I know is Conner was a steal in the draft. Also, anyone wish we drafted Bowman instead of Angerer in the 2nd? Don't get me wrong, I love Angerer, but Bowman is a beast and he was there for the taking, but hey, who knew he would be such a good NFL LB right?

Doesn't matter. I'm happy with Angerer. Just pointing that little scenario out.

The Colts are in a very tricky situation.

Once Angerer comes back, they can't just sit him on the bench. So, I see two possible options with Freeman:

- Put him on the trade block and try to get a sufficient (4th or 5th round) pick out of it. The Colts need picks this year as they only have 3.

- The other option is to have a 3 man rotation. This seems like the better choice personally. Even with Freeman's 1 yard pick 6 last week, Angerer is still the better option in pass defense. Im thinking give Freeman some of the early downs and then give Angerer the 2nd and 3rd downs.

Like I said, it's tricky. Freeman is really playing well, but it's just one game, and Angerer had a good season last year.

54 of them were assisted tackles last year (thats what the stat says on NFL Network) and no his 5 tackles vs the Bears were all unassisted, he made some great plays

Kavell had exactly 54 assisted tackles last year and 50 solos. 4 more assists than he made tackles on his own.

CAREER STATSMORE Season Team Tackles Interceptions Fumbles G GS Comb Total Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FF 2012 Indianapolis Colts 1 1 5 5 0 0.0 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0 2011 Indianapolis Colts 16 15 104 50 54 0.0 -- 2 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 1

Pat on the other hand had 78 solo and 70 assists.

CAREER STATSMORE Season Team Tackles Interceptions Fumbles G GS Comb Total Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FF 2012 Indianapolis Colts 0 0 0 -- -- -- -- -- -- -- 0.0 -- -- -- 2011 Indianapolis Colts 16 16 148 78 70 1.0 -- 3 1 0 0.0 0 0 2

Will you still say Kavell is better than Pat at getting off blocks?