Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts week 1 observations

CR91

That was a good read, I disagree with the article a bit about the O-line, Tolzien may not have been getting levelled early on, it did seem to the naked eye as if the pocket was really more of a small satchel really as the edges were getting good push against the 1's......but I don't get coaches cut ups, just live fox action lol

Good read, thanks for posting. 

Here's what I saw: 

The O-Line was bad. I realize a lot of starters were out, but that's extremely disheartening. 

I saw Ridgeway get pushed around a few times, but then come back and do well...so maybe he's just shaking the rust off. 

That Natson guy really looked like the fastest guy on the field when he was out there. 

I still can't fathom why Morris isn't getting more reps at QB. Maybe he will the next couple preseason games. 

TJ Green had some really good hits. (Thank God it wasn't our own team mates lol) 

Quincy Wilson played pretty well for a rookie. He was in the right spot for the most part, just needs to work on tracking the ball. He had some great hits as well. 

20 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

So this guy claims Clark had a bad day;  i've read other places that he looked great.  So who's right?

It was mixed. You saw there were some miscues between Clark and mewhort, but I put that more on them not playing together for too long. 

3 hours ago, MacDee1975 said:

So this guy claims Clark had a bad day;  i've read other places that he looked great.  So who's right?

Clark was a mess against the 1s. Once the 2s & 3s cycled in,  he did OK. The whole  o-line was a train wreck against their 1s. Tolzien was pulled for his safety. Walker was given many roll-out and screens early to try to offset the calamity up front. 

I say this having gone through the game again in slow-motion and rewind on NFL Game Pass.