Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone Else Watching College Baseball Playoffs?

Just curious to see if there is any interest in the D1 baseball playoffs.  I watched several games over the weekend and a few last week.  It is nice to watch a team like Louisville that has some local kids on the team.  I may check out the draft tonight for a bit to see where their ace pitcher (Brendon McKay) gets called.  He threw the second game against KY which was the first I saw him pitch.  He demonstrated a lot of control and some nice off speed pitching. Highly decorated and expected to be top three pick in tonights draft.  I normally don't get too worked up about NCAA baseball until the regionals and then I spend some time on it.

I have not watched. I wondered, however, if Oregon State was still in it. I just checked and noticed that they are. Their top pitcher Luke Heimlich won't join them for the College World Series.

He also went undrafted. Two to three weeks ago, he was expected to go in the first or second round. Once it was reported that he was a registered sex offender, reports came out that some teams had taken him off their draft boards. Apparently all of the teams did.

Sad situation all around -- for his victim and for him.

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I have not watched. I wondered, however, if Oregon State was still in it. I just checked and noticed that they are. Their top pitcher Luke Heimlich won't join them for the College World Series.

He also went undrafted. Two to three weeks ago, he was expected to go in the first or second round. Once it was reported that he was a registered sex offender, some teams were reported to have taken  him off their draft boards. Apparently all of them did.

Sad situation all around.

I haven't watched either. Luke's career is over before it starts. Nobody is touching him with a ten foot pole.

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

He also went undrafted. Two to three weeks ago, he was expected to go in the first or second round. Once it was reported that he was a registered sex offender, reports came out that some teams had taken him off their draft boards. Apparently all of the teams did.

Sad situation all around -- for his victim and for him.

I did not know that.  Wow!  

I should have added this link in the beginning.  I am looking forward to FSU vs. LSU and Louisville vs. TA&M games this weekend.  

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2715951-college-world-series-2017-bracket-dates-tv-schedule-and-format