Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Hamsters Only Mock

I'm predicting a big run on WR earlier than expected and Myles Jack to fall to mid teens.

1 Rams Jared Goff QB 
2 Eagles Carson Wentz QB 
3 Chargers Laremy Tunsil OT 
4 Cowboys Ezekiel Elliot RB
5 Jaguars Jalen Ramsey CB 
6 Ravens Joey Bosa DE 
7 49ers Deforest Buckner DE 
8 Browns Ronnie Stanley OT 
9 Buccaneers Leonard Floyd OLB
10 Giants Jack Conklin OT

11 Bears Vernon Hargreaves CB 
12 Saints Sheldon Rankins DT
13 Dolphins Shaq Lawson DE 
14 Raiders Corey Coleman WR 
15 Titans Myles Jack OLB  
16 Lions Josh Doctson WR
17 Falcons Darron Lee OLB
18 Colts Ryan Kelly C 
19 Bills Robert Nkemdiche DT 
20 Jets Paxton Lynch QB 

21 Redskins Jarran Reed DT 
22 Texans Laquon Treadwell WR 
23 Vikings Will Fuller WR  
24 Bengals Eli Apple CB  
25 Steelers William Jackson III CB 
26 Seahawks Cody Whitehair OG 
27 Packers Andrew Billings NT 
28 Chiefs Artie Burns CB 
29 Cardinals Noah Spence DE
30 Panthers Kevin Dodd DE 
31 Broncos Reggie Ragland ILB

Honestly, it's all a crap shoot. I can see guys like Billings, Spence, Apple, and Ragland going as high as the early teens, but I can also see Ragland and Billings falling out of the first round all together. I'm not a believer in this "best player available" horse crap. If the best player at #18 is a QB or WR, we CAN'T take them. Even if it was Goff. You draft to find starters to fill holes. You won't see Tennessee take Elliot if he falls to them, or Carolina take Goff if he falls to them, it just doesn't make sense. 

5 minutes ago, Hamster360 said:

I'm not a believer in this "best player available" horse crap. If the best player at #18 is a QB or WR, we CAN'T take them. Even if it was Goff. You draft to find starters to fill holes. You won't see Tennessee take Elliot if he falls to them, or Carolina take Goff if he falls to them, it just doesn't make sense.

:facepalm: I don't care that you are not a "believer" in this approach, to each their own, but at least make sure you actually understand what it means...there are about multiple threads on this very site where this topic is discussed at length, I recommend reading at least one of them...maybe you will see it is not as black and white as you are making it.

6 minutes ago, Traines said:

:facepalm: I don't care that you are not a "believer" in this approach, to each their own, but at least make sure you actually understand what it means...there are about multiple threads on this very site where this topic is discussed at length, I recommend reading at least one of them...maybe you will see it is not as black and white as you are making it.

I understand what it means. I truly apologize for making things so black and white on a public message board. 

What I should have said was. "I made this mock thinking teams will fill needs rather than taking the best player available in every case"