Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did Not Leave Work Early To Watch The Game

King Colt

Worked yesterday and could have left at 3:00 to watch the Colts/Cowboys but being a realist and pragmatic I thought I would go home at half time and I did. It was admittedly worse than I thought it would be. Weak on most every aspect of offense and the defense was drilled full of holes. Why on both? Because that is what the Colts are plain and simple. They are not boring to watch but rather aggravating to watch. You could grab a pen and paper watching their games and make a list of things you would like to see changed. Top priority is the OL and I think we all agree on that. With an OL like every other team the Colts could move the ball and with receivers and a QB like we have it would be a blast to watch. Like the song says, "send in the clowns, well maybe next year".

Worked yesterday and could have left at 3:00 to watch the Colts/Cowboys but being a realist and pragmatic I thought I would go home at half time and I did. It was admittedly worse than I thought it would be. Weak on most every aspect of offense and the defense was drilled full of holes. Why on both? Because that is what the Colts are plain and simple. They are not boring to watch but rather aggravating to watch. You could grab a pen and paper watching their games and make a list of things you would like to see changed. Top priority is the OL and I think we all agree on that. With an OL like every other team the Colts could move the ball and with receivers and a QB like we have it would be a blast to watch. Like the song says, "send in the clowns, well maybe next year".

Good call on your part!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Hope we can grab either DeJean , Mitchell or Franklin. 
    • I’m pretty sure that most people would agree that if before the draft you were told you could draft ANY of the defensive players at #15 in this draft as if you were picking #1 overall we would take that deal…it’s pretty remarkable.
    • Latu: in 2022. He ranked first in the FBS in total pressures (55) and pressure percentage (19.1%), and his 10.5 sacks ranked ninth. He was just as good in 2023. During the regular season, he ranked first in pressure percentage (20.1%) and pressures (56) and was fourth in sacks (13). He had a midseason stretch of 5.5 sacks and 5.5 tackles for loss over three games.   More reason to believe this was an excellent pick.
    • Greg Cosell's scouting report on Latu:   STRENGTHS: - Outstanding length and frame for an edge rusher with natural twitch and suddenness to his movement. Explosive. - Phenomenal quickness off the ball as pass rusher both outside and inside. Beats offensive linemen with sudden lateral twitch. - Uses featured club arm-over move as wide-9 rusher to beat offensive tackles inside. Has balance to change direction and redirect. - Flashes effective inside spin move off initial high side challenge. Has excellent balance, body control and burst. - Does a good job as an edge pass rusher initiating and playing off contact with effective hand usage. Has multiple moves. - Subtle hand usage is a foundation of his edge rush, along with lateral quickness to change direction and redirect. - Uses quick, violent hands to break down offensive tackle technique then play off contact to win on the high side with burst to the quarterback. - Body flexibility as an edge pass rusher allows him to bend the arc then flatten his rush path and close with speed to the quarterback. - In 2023, always seemed to have a plan as an edge pass rusher, which was evident in the way in which he used his hands. - Is a twitchy, sudden mover with both feet and hands and showed explosive power in his hands to displace offensive linemen. - Effective inside at defensive tackle in sub-fronts working against an offensive guard. Showed ability to win with both quickness and strength. - Has active hands in run game to defeat blocks with both quickness and power, staying on-balance to make plays. - Arm extension in the run game both controls the offensive line and keep his feet clean to defeat blocks and make plays. - Plays with heavy hands to jar and control offensive linemen off the snap. Created movement at line of scrimmage. Has a strong feel to his game.   WEAKNESSES: - There were run game snaps where he could have played stronger taking on and displacing blocks — he got locked on. - It’s not truly a weakness, but the medicals will be closely evaluated. (He was medically retired at Washington.)   BOTTOM LINE: "Latu is one of the best overall prospects in the 2024 draft class. You could easily make the argument that he's the best edge pass-rush prospect in the class. He possesses excellent size and length to play on the edge, and his pass-rush-traits profile is high level for a college player. He has a desirable combination of athleticism, explosiveness and advanced/refined hand usage with multiple moves in his arsenal."
    • .....and one snowboarding accident too. 
  • Members