Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are the Packers the Third Best Team in North?

amfootball

On Mike and Mike, Greenberg says he believes right now the Packers are the third best team in the North behind the Lions and Bears. It is hard to disagree with him right now given how bad the Pack have looked. What is going on in GB? Rodgers came out and said after the Lions game that the Packers have not been able to beat the cover 2 since last year, http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-mike-mccarthy-aaron-rodgers-have-offensive-differences-b99356258z1-276412501.html. That is a really telling comment. Is that a dig at coaching from him? McCarthy blamed player performance not scheme.

Cover 2 is a pretty common defense in today's NFL. I have heard that McCarthy can be very simplistic in his game plans. But still, I can't believe how pedestrian Rodgers has looked for these past three games. We all know he is much better than what we are seeing.

Thoughts?

On Mike and Mike, Greenberg says he believes right now the Packers are the third best team in the North behind the Lions and Bears. It is hard to disagree with him right now given how bad the Pack have looked. What is going on in GB? Rodgers came out and said after the Lions game that the Packers have not been able to beat the cover 2 since last year, http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-mike-mccarthy-aaron-rodgers-have-offensive-differences-b99356258z1-276412501.html. That is a really telling comment. Is that a dig at coaching from him? McCarthy blamed player performance not scheme.

Cover 2 is a pretty common defense in today's NFL. I have heard that McCarthy can be very simplistic in his game plans. But still, I can't believe how pedestrian Rodgers has looked for these past three games. We all know he is much better than what we are seeing.

Thoughts?

I am totally surprised at the lack of offense that the Packers has shown in a couple of games. Rogers has some very good players at his disposal. He does not have a top tier TE but the RB and WR positions are very good. I haven't watched a Packer game yet so I can't really say what the problem is.