Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton is so good, it's like cheating

BayAreaBronco

All that being said...I will always respect John Elway, Eli Manning, & the entire Manning Family no matter what. John has 2 SB rings & so does Eli so it's a moot point now I guess.

It does make you wonder if Eli Manning would have won multiple rings for San Diego though like an NFL what if question...

Hed miss that defensive line

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That contrasts sharply with the sentiments of those of us who would consider such a loss painful to behold. Frankly I'm not sure that I would even watch the game, I certainly wouldn't derive any pleasure from it either way - which kind of defeats the benefit of the excitement that you refer to. I would find the prospect of that match-up horrendous.

Beautifully expressed. I feel this particular match-up painful as well, though I'm coming from a different place. I've followed Andrew here, and while I've ultimately benefited from the Colts' (probably) sound decision to go with him, I was sad (and moved) to see Peyton in so much pain which was publicly displayed in that press conference. I want Peyton to win a ring or two with us, and I don't want him to lose to the Colts. It would be too cruel. I know Andrew would be fine. He will probably bring a decade + of enjoyment and hopefully multiple rings to this club. And I would be the first Broncos fan to root for the Colts. If anyone doubted your loyalty to the Colts because you still root for Peyton, that's bogus. It's not for anyone else to say.

And sorry about what Elway did to the Colts. My husband was at Stanford then, and he thought the Colts was a horrible organization with a horrible owner, and Elway did what he could. Regardless, he deserves to be disliked for that. I have no idea how Elway feels about his action now or if he thinks of it at all. But he surely is not the same guy. And as you said, how he's treated Peyton shows a different side of Elway. After reading Peter King's article (I think), I said to my husband "Elway landed Peyton by being caring." I hope he continues to earn back some respect he lost when he was young and arrogant.