Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Defense

Dtman513

* In the tone of Ben Stein from Ferris Bueller's Day Off*: Defense? Defense?......Defense?

haha, in all seriousness...

I know we're only 2 games into the preseason, but the defense is a bit poor don't you think?

Coyer is in his 3rd year as defensive coordinator and it seems the defense can be hit or miss at times...

Thoughts?

We will know how this defense is doing when the season comes to an end. As we saw last year, our run defense was phenomenal for a 4-game stretch towards the end, despite being injured all over the place.

The defensive philosophy works, and has worked throughout football history. It's the personnel that have been incorrect. I feel as though this front office has made great strides in the off-season to address that.

The pre season means absolutely nothing.

I like what the Colts have done so far this yr.. Were not gonna know how well the defense works till the regular season because as we all know the Colts don't even try in the preseason. It's a philosopy I don't agree with, but thats the way they do it.

Someone please explain how you would evaluate our defense at this point. Yes, you can say that we need to lock up and tackle. Heck, the players themselves were saying that on the sidelines. However, you can't say the FO hasn't brought in some help.

We won't know what our D really looks like until the Texans game. If we're getting slashed with the cut back and giving 9 yards cushion on a 3rd and 7, then I'll be the first to complain.

We will know how this defense is doing when the season comes to an end. As we saw last year, our run defense was phenomenal for a 4-game stretch towards the end, despite being injured all over the place.

The defensive philosophy works, and has worked throughout football history. It's the personnel that have been incorrect. I feel as though this front office has made great strides in the off-season to address that.

The pre season means absolutely nothing.

I should have read through the thread more closely before I posted. Doogan, you summed it up perfectly. I really didn't need to post after that ^.