Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

O line and Running game

Golfr

Our O-line has players that have made their way to the NFL and the Colts one way or another. The key to our running game and O-line is talent, coaching, sysytem, heart and hardwork. These O-linemen have talent or they would of never made it to the NFL or to the Colts.

So because our O-Line has players that have made it to the NFL one way or another that makes them good? There are plenty of free agents that made it to the NFL and they are free agents for a reason if you get my drift. What makes an offensive line good is consistency and playing together for a couple of years. So how is our offensive line exactly good? Please explain. Imo the O-Line is a work in progress with no real solid starters except Satele.

So because our O-Line has players that have made it to the NFL one way or another that makes them good? There are plenty of free agents that made it to the NFL and they are free agents for a reason if you get my drift. What makes an offensive line good is consistency and playing together for a couple of years. So how is our offensive line exactly good? Please explain. Imo the O-Line is a work in progress with no real solid starters except Satele.

You read my post but failed to comprehend it. I never claimed the O-line was good. I claimed they have talent and that the key to our running game is coaching, system, hardwork and heart.

Read my OP. The post is regarding why people keep claiming our O-line is no good and we have no running game. I never claimed the O-line was good. I believe we need to see them play a game or two before judging.

Okay, it's semantics. Obviously every guy on every team has talent. Ugoh, Link, Pollak, all had talent. But sometime they played like screen doors. So it's the degree of talent we're talking about. I don't think anyone can argue that three of our starting five have yet to show they have a high and consistent degree of talent. You can hope they get better, but so far that's all it is - hope.

So back to your original point - I'm saying people have every right to be concerned about the O line, running game, and pass protection. If you're not concerned at this point, well ...

I am concerned but back to the point. No one can say the O-line is terrible and we have no run game until we see them in action.

You read my post but failed to comprehend it. I never claimed the O-line was good. I claimed they have talent and that the key to our running game is coaching, system, hardwork and heart.

Read my OP. The post is regarding why people keep claiming our O-line is no good and we have no running game. I never claimed the O-line was good. I believe we need to see them play a game or two before judging.

So you were just alluding to the fact that the O-Line just has talent, interesting.........People can jugde the O-Line and say there not good because this so called talent you speak of is lacking..... some of the players starting on the offnesive line Link who cant block his way if he had a baracade, Winston Justice who gives up a historic 6 sacks to Osi Umineora, and more than 3 sacks on more than one occasion to other DE'S and a bunch of bench players and young O-Line man with little experience starting. So yes its easy for people to say there not good. IMO they are a work in progress and can be good in a few years not now

Sorry. I am not a big DB fan from his past performances. I am not reading/hearing anything to change my mind regarding DB either. DB may not even make this team. Ballard and Carter are locks.....Moore was brought in for a reason....probably due to Arians so he probably makes the team.

If Carter is a lock then why has he dropped so far down the depth chart this early. I think honestly only Ballard is a lock the make the team at this point based on potential alone. The other backs we have are more of a known entity so.

If Carter is a lock then why has he dropped so far down the depth chart this early. I think honestly only Ballard is a lock the make the team at this point based on potential alone. The other backs we have are more of a known entity so.

I do not know the reason. The coaching staff may be sending him a message or they may have plans for him to just be a short yardage back in which case he would be at the bottom of the depth chart. Carter will probably be the goal line, short yardage back. The depth chart at this point means nothing IMO.

So you were just alluding to the fact that the O-Line just has talent, interesting.........People can jugde the O-Line and say there not good because this so called talent you speak of is lacking..... some of the players starting on the offnesive line Link who cant block his way if he had a baracade, Winston Justice who gives up a historic 6 sacks to Osi Umineora, and more than 3 sacks on more than one occasion to other DE'S and a bunch of bench players and young O-Line man with little experience starting. So yes its easy for people to say there not good. IMO they are a work in progress and can be good in a few years not now

I am saying that there is no basis for saying the line is no good and we have no running game until we see them play together as a unit for at least a game or 2 (heck a few snaps).

I am saying that there is no basis for saying the line is no good and we have no running game until we see them play together as a unit for at least a game or 2 (heck a few snaps).

I am willing to go to game six. I figure they will have some stinkers in there as they are trying to work it all out. I don't think training camp or preseason games will really tell us. But I would expect to see 6 games into the season a line that is becoming solid.

With that said I don't expect to see a top tier o-line this year. As was said earlier I think this will be a work in progress and we might not have all of the pieces yet. I hope to see some real improvement over the past 2 seasons but I'm not expecting to see a dominant unit this year.

That is exactly what it is..........all speculation.

That is what message boards are for. It is talk about stuff and speculate about how the team will be.

If people did not speculate on how Luck, the offensive line, or our running game will perform this place would be pretty dull.

To me there is a big question mark on our offensive line. Thankfully we can see what they got this Sunday. I just hope Link does not get Luck killed out there.