Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pryor Eligible

WisconsinColts

I suspect a team in search of a QB (who still fantasizes that he could be an NFL starter) will take a gamble on him since, worst case, they can use him in a "Wildcat" package or line him up in the backfield/slot a few times a game. Miami? Seattle? ...and never rule out Al Davis!

i think its a real possibility that the colts draft him as our backup qb situation is absolutely awful. he could learn from peyton and develop mechanics and skills needed to be a quarterback in the nfl. we could either use him as trade bait as he develops better or we could make him the heir apparent to peyton and if he doesnt pan out it wouldnt be that big of a deal.

What bothers me in the whole thing is Roger suspending Pryor five games. I realize why Roger did it though. He has to stay close to his free farm system so he does the NCAA bidding and nails Pryor.

I just think this might create a slippery slope. Is the NFL going to start punishing players who are caught after they leave the college? What irks me is the coaches are going to get off with nothing. I hope nobody in this country actually believes the nonsense Pete Caroll says about not knowing what was going on. He knew what his star player did and knew the NCAA was going to come down. So what does he do? He runs to the NFL and takes the first crappy job available to get away from the NCAA.

Yet nothing happens to him and the media leaves him alone.

The NBA is even worse. Kelvin Sampson left the IU program in shambles and got a cushy assistant job in the NBA right away.

• 3 weeks later...

What bothers me in the whole thing is Roger suspending Pryor five games. I realize why Roger did it though. He has to stay close to his free farm system so he does the NCAA bidding and nails Pryor.

I just think this might create a slippery slope. Is the NFL going to start punishing players who are caught after they leave the college? What irks me is the coaches are going to get off with nothing. I hope nobody in this country actually believes the nonsense Pete Caroll says about not knowing what was going on. He knew what his star player did and knew the NCAA was going to come down. So what does he do? He runs to the NFL and takes the first crappy job available to get away from the NCAA.

Yet nothing happens to him and the media leaves him alone.

The NBA is even worse. Kelvin Sampson left the IU program in shambles and got a cushy assistant job in the NBA right away.

I was born in north central Ohio 55+ yrs. ago. In this state you grow up being a Buckeye or leave the state. As far as Pryor is concerned most people are glad 'he's left the building" so to speak. I've been a Colts fan since Baltimore. I've also read MANY

articles on Jim Tressel this past year going back to when he coached High School ball.

After doing all this I called my brother a liar when her said tressel is working game day

for Colts. Due all NFL teams has this position filled? If not I can only imagine the put-

downs said about Caldwell. Please SOMEBODY watch Tressel closely so he doesn't leave a

scar on the Colts like he did the Buckeyes, one I don't think will disappear for many decades to come. Thank Respectfully Submitted; DPepsi99