Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manti Teo = Future defensive leader for Colts

so u agree Teo will be better than Patric Willis? Willis is great dont get me wrong but I believe Willis-level is the floor for Teo. Teo is something else and will be the best at his position. once again I am a ND fan but that is not biased all u have to do is watch the tape to know Teo > Willis

Yes it was.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teo is good but not great, yeah he had 128 tackles last year but more then half of those were assisted tackles meaning he got them out of "mop up duty" Teo has a hard time getting through 'debris" when blocked and is not that good in coverage in other words a bigger version of Kavell Conner and only 1 forced fumble all year and 13 tackles for loss http://www.cfbstats.com/2011/player/513/1025442/miscdefense/gamelog.html he would in all likelihood play the Kavell Conner role of blitzing and stuffing the run and Im not convinced he could unseat Conner from that role what I am more interested in is if Jerrell Freeman can unseat Pat Angerer because Freeman is better at blitzing and in coverage and fighting through "debris'

I'm an Irish fan, so I've watched Te'o for the last few years. In my opinion, he is not worth using a first rounder on. He's an extremely average MLB, playing on a very stout ND defense. That Dline was spectacular against Purdue today, and an MLB's best friend is a strong Dline. He does not stand out when I watch him. I never see him stuffing RBs at the LOS or behind it, his pass coverage is mediocre, and I never see him rush the passer from the inside. He's basically just a guy that records lots of tackles because that's his job, but he doesn't make the kind of difference you'd like to see out of a 1st round draft pick. Their Sophomore DE, Stephon Tuitt would make for a significantly better first rounder and he won't be eligible til the 2014 draft.