Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

sports science featuring coby fleener

CR91

In all fairness, the sumo wrestlers were not wearing cleats and could not get proper traction. It also looked like they really weren't trying. I have a hard time believing that if the two sumo wrestlers were really resisting and trying to go forward, that they would lose. Overall, it's impressive but maybe not too credible.

In all fairness, the sumo wrestlers were not wearing cleats and could not get proper traction. It also looked like they really weren't trying. I have a hard time believing that if the two sumo wrestlers were really resisting and trying to go forward, that they would lose. Overall, it's impressive but maybe not too credible.

everyones a critic

This, the other key point that put that clearly in Fleener's favor was the location of the attachment to the body. Fleener was connected at the waist, the sumos were connected between the shoulders. Ever hear of how important leverage is in the NFL? That is exactly why. Two 320lbers can be thrown to the ground by someone at 250 if he can generate enough force to get them off balance.

All in all, the power point was a miss as soon as they connected the harness to the sumo's shoulder. I won't say I could do what Fleener did in that video, but it wasn't all that impressive either.

Love what Fleener will do for us as a TE though.

EDIT: Just re-watched, it appears it was an even fight on the first one, but on the second test against two, he was connected at the waist. Just wanted to clarify.