Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

next season

Playoffs2013

It depends on how they handle it. They could play cover 2 with both safeties over the top to prevent the deep pass, but if they are passive with their LBs and constantly drop them back into coverage, we can easily beat them with a short passing game. Urlacher isn't as fast as he used to be, so I wouldn't be shocked to see Fleener and Allen outrun him.

If they do go into cover 2 and play man underneath with LBs covering Allen and Fleener, they will get ripped apart, especially with their LBs getting up there in age. So I don't think they will play cover 2 very much. Probably a lot of man to man to take advantage of our young receivers/TEs

Alshon jeffery and shea mcclealin

Not scared of many players from Boise State. They play in the WAC...don't face much competition out there. But, Alshon Jeffery is going to develop into a good player I think. He's not a speed threat, but we'll need a CB who can play jump ball with him.

Not scared of many players from Boise State. They play in the WAC...don't face much competition out there. But, Alshon Jeffery is going to develop into a good player I think. He's not a speed threat, but we'll need a CB who can play jump ball with him.

plus marshall and hester

plus marshall and hester

Hester never was and never will be a great receiver. He had 26 receptions for 369 yards last season. Not scared.

Marshall will be a threat, but in this particular week 1 game, i'm not going to be worried as I think he'll be serving suspension for him punching that lady in the face.

Hester never was and never will be a great receiver. He had 26 receptions for 369 yards last season. Not scared.

Marshall will be a threat, but in this particular week 1 game, i'm not going to be worried as I think he'll be serving suspension for him punching that lady in the face.

I dont think he will suspended

intresting but still if marshall appeals he will be ready for wk 1 unless the suspension is over training camp which wont happen

History isn't on Marshall's side for this sort of thing. I'm counting on suspension, even if it is a 1 game suspension..that'd be the game we play them.

10/31/04, at UCF, Marshall was arrested in Orlando on charges of assault on a law enforcement officer, refusal to obey, disorderly conduct and resisting an officer

3/26/07, Marshall was arrested in the Highlands Ranch suburb of Denver on suspicion of domestic violence

10/22/07, Marshall was arrested in the Denver-Aurora metropolitan area at the intersection of 14th and Blake St. for driving under the influence of alcohol

3/4/08, Georgia filed misdemeanor battery charges on Marshall

6/12/08, Marshall was ticketed for an illegal lane change, then found to be without his license and proof of insurance

7/28/08, Douglas County deputies fielded “about 11″ calls to Marshall’s home since January 2006.

3/1/09, Marshall was arrested in Atlanta for disorderly conduct after allegedly being involved in a fight with his fiancée,

4/23/11, Marshall was stabbed near his stomach by his wife, Michi Nogami-Marshall. He was taken to a hospital and was released two days later. He is expected to make a full recovery

3/11/12, two days before his trade to the Bears, Marshall was accused of hitting a woman in the face at a New York club and being involved in a melee.

History isn't on Marshall's side for this sort of thing. I'm counting on suspension, even if it is a 1 game suspension..that'd be the game we play them.

10/31/04, at UCF, Marshall was arrested in Orlando on charges of assault on a law enforcement officer, refusal to obey, disorderly conduct and resisting an officer

3/26/07, Marshall was arrested in the Highlands Ranch suburb of Denver on suspicion of domestic violence

10/22/07, Marshall was arrested in the Denver-Aurora metropolitan area at the intersection of 14th and Blake St. for driving under the influence of alcohol

3/4/08, Georgia filed misdemeanor battery charges on Marshall

6/12/08, Marshall was ticketed for an illegal lane change, then found to be without his license and proof of insurance

7/28/08, Douglas County deputies fielded “about 11″ calls to Marshall’s home since January 2006.

3/1/09, Marshall was arrested in Atlanta for disorderly conduct after allegedly being involved in a fight with his fiancée,

4/23/11, Marshall was stabbed near his stomach by his wife, Michi Nogami-Marshall. He was taken to a hospital and was released two days later. He is expected to make a full recovery

3/11/12, two days before his trade to the Bears, Marshall was accused of hitting a woman in the face at a New York club and being involved in a melee.

my point is even if he is suspended he will appeal which holds off the suspension

my point is even if he is suspended he will appeal which holds off the suspension

possible, but unlikely he gets anywhere with it. He can appeal just like Sean Peyton, Roethlisberger, Suh, Benson, Pacman, etc....but I don't see it working out for him. RG1 rules with an iron fist these days.

possible, but unlikely he gets anywhere with it. He can appeal just like Sean Peyton, Roethlisberger, Suh, Benson, Pacman, etc....but I don't see it working out for him. RG1 rules with an iron fist these days.

right but even payton got 2 extra weeks with the suspension appeal

right but even payton got 2 extra weeks with the suspension appeal

He's a coach. Suspending him just before the draft takes place, and for the entire season is still going to be a complete loss on the season. Players don't serve the same type of suspension, they don't get suspended in the off-season too often. He'll serve regular season game suspensions. So if he plays with the Bears in all 4 pre-season games...great. That has nothing to do with our Week 1 game.

He's a coach. Suspending him just before the draft takes place, and for the entire season is still going to be a complete loss on the season. Players don't serve the same type of suspension, they don't get suspended in the off-season too often. He'll serve regular season game suspensions. So if he plays with the Bears in all 4 pre-season games...great. That has nothing to do with our Week 1 game.

Cedric Benson got an extra 2 weeks too last season

Cedric Benson got an extra 2 weeks too last season

yes but that was for something that happened mid season. Benson dragged out the appeal process. Roehtlisberger is really the only case you can compare this too recently. He was accused in the off-season, charged with suspension in the offseason. Suspended for 6 games, which was later reduced to 4.

Anyway, this is painfully off topic now... case and point. 99% chance we don't see Marshall in week 1