Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What's up with this Brazil's guy

What will we ever do if our 6th round slot receiver can't block? This could cost us the superbowl! We should cut every player on our team who can't block like Jake Long! How does his lack of run blocking (which is ridiculous and doesn't matter) mean he has character issues and should be cut?

when randy moss was playing with the patriots he would take plays off when the ball wasn't going to thrown to him. that's a character issue. when i watched brazill vs temple i saw the same thing. however, in other videos he did a reasonably good job at run blocking. obviously run blocking isn't everything for a WR, but if you're not willing to do it when it's a run play b/c you want the ball to pad your stats, then you're not being a Team player.

"What will we ever do if our 6th round slot receiver can't block? This could cost us the superbowl!". your over-the-top sarcasm shows you to be a... "Summer's Eve vinegar & water" :thmup:

when randy moss was playing with the patriots he would take plays off when the ball wasn't going to thrown to him. that's a character issue. when i watched brazill vs temple i saw the same thing. however, in other videos he did a reasonably good job at run blocking. obviously run blocking isn't everything for a WR, but if you're not willing to do it when it's a run play b/c you want the ball to pad your stats, then you're not being a Team player.

"What will we ever do if our 6th round slot receiver can't block? This could cost us the superbowl!". your over-the-top sarcasm shows you to be a... "Summer's Eve vinegar & water" :thmup:

No matter how you mask it, you still called me a d****e. Sinking to name calling? Your concern was worthy of my "over the top sarcasm"

so again instead of reading the 2nd post, "Against Utah State in the Idaho Potato Bowl he did a good job in run blocking, so that answers my question of it being a 1 game issue." , you start into a long, boring bunch of paragraphs that i didn't take time to read.

Let me shorten that up for you.

You: "Ooh, I bet they cut him cause he has character concerns and won't block."

Me: "You think the Colts FO hasn't seen this footage? There are far more important things than blocking for a WR, and one highlight reel doesn't mean that the kid won't do it. His talents (judging from limited footage) as a WR far outweigh any lack of run blocking while being the #1 receiver on his team at the collegiate level. On this team, as a #5, he'll do whatever he can to stick to the squad."

That short enough for you?

Let me shorten that up for you.

You: "Ooh, I bet they cut him cause he has character concerns and won't block."

Me: "You think the Colts FO hasn't seen this footage? There are far more important things than blocking for a WR, and one highlight reel doesn't mean that the kid won't do it. His talents (judging from limited footage) as a WR far outweigh any lack of run blocking while being the #1 receiver on his team at the collegiate level. On this team, as a #5, he'll do whatever he can to stick to the squad."

That short enough for you?

you start into a long, boring bunch of paragraphs that i didn't take time to read