Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck's 40 TD 2014 Season Highlights!

AKB

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

According to his interview, he claims he was having issues with his ankle and foot throughout the second half of the 2018 season. And then it got strained during the Pro Bowl. 

I remember his interview. 

He said he he retired because he was in pain all the time. Injury after Injury piled up and pain would linger for months.

He used phrases like "I have a lot of clarity in this" and "it is the right decision for me." The cycle of getting hurt, rehabbing, getting hurt again, had brought him to this place, he said. A place where it was time to "remove himself from football."

I would never judge a man until I've walked in his shoes but being in pain 24/7 is a miserable way to live.

I agree with his critics that his retirement timing was bad.

But perhaps he really believed until the end that he was coming back and like someone leaving a bride at the alter he just could not go through with it.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ADnum1 said:

He said he he retired because he was in pain all the time. Injury after Injury piled up and pain would linger for months.

He used phrases like "I have a lot of clarity in this" and "it is the right decision for me." The cycle of getting hurt, rehabbing, getting hurt again, had brought him to this place, he said. A place where it was time to "remove himself from football."

I would never judge a man until I've walked in his shoes but being in pain 24/7 is a miserable way to live.

But perhaps he really believed until the end that he was coming back and like someone leaving a bride at the alter he just could not go through with it.

His own statement says he decided a couple weeks prior and was even bragging about it at a dinner party for his wife’s birthday 

18 hours ago, Qwiz said:

The man was probably terrified of getting injured again, I don’t blame him for deciding to hang ‘em up. He had just gotten married if I recall correctly and he was rightfully thinking about life after football. 

He had just come back and had his best season with a good,young OL allowing the fewest sacks over his career. Irsay was a little too nice to the quitter by giving him the 25 million ....he didn't have to.

1 hour ago, ADnum1 said:

He should of quit before the draft. He left the organization at the alter. Irsay should not have paid him that 25 million.

2 minutes ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

He should of quit before the draft. He left the organization at the alter. Irsay should not have paid him that 25 million.

That is the only problem I had with his retirement - the timing of it. If we would have called it quits in early March and just said it was due to be injured all the time, I doubt anyone would have had a problem with that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cdgacoltsfan said:

That was my issue.  It's not the fact he retired.  It's the timing of his retirement.  Had he retired before the draft at least Ballard would have had an opportunity to better prepare for the seasons start.  This came after one of his best years also. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

That was my issue.  It's not the fact he retired.  It's the timing of his retirement.  Had he retired before the draft at least Ballard would have had an opportunity to better prepare for the seasons start.  This came after one of his best years also. 

Wasn't there a rumor he got injured snowboarding before minicamp?