Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

IMO this team is in much worse shape than what is being spun by management or believed by fans.....

ColtAndOrioles

8 minutes ago, DougDew said:

There is always more to the story when it comes to stats.  Bright lines have to be drawn about how tally each play, but a lot of bad plays just don't reach the bright line.

In baseball, if an outfielder totally misjudges a fly ball to where he doesn't even get his glove on it before it hits the grass, its usually scored a hit for the batter even though it was obvious the outfielder totally missed the play.  If he managed to get close enough to where it hit his glove, its technically only then defined as a error (a fly ball, not a not a line drive diving attempt). 

Not the same example, but when we have a QB that has known accuracy issues and then there are a lot of drops in a game, I think the eye test would say that the QB didn't really do a great job of throwing the ball like a winning QB should.

Off topic but I can't wait for Nebraska at Indiana tomorrow. We are about to find out which team is really for real. Nebraska should be 6-0 but 5-1 still great. Indiana is 6-0.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Off topic but I can't wait for Nebraska at Indiana tomorrow. We are about to find out which team is really for real. Nebraska should be 6-0 but 5-1 still great. Indiana is 6-0.

Huskers need an upset road win to move the program up another level.   

Another goal, I want to watch Kurtis Rourke, who looks like the real deal NFL QB.  Colts could draft him like a RGIII Kirk Cousins situation, Flacco/Sam replacement, but I think Rourke goes higher than round 4 once he starts getting attention.  

• Like 1

Just now, DougDew said:

Huskers need an upset road win to move the program up another level.   

Another goal, I want to watch Kurtis Rourke, who looks like the real deal NFL QB.  Colts could draft him like a RGIII Kirk Cousins situation, Flacco/Sam replacement, but I think Rourke goes higher than round 4 once he starts getting attention.  

I love our QB - I call him mini - Mahomes lmao . He is just a freshman too. If Nebraska plays strong defense like they did against Rutgers they can pull it off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

I ended up researching, here's what I found lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Christmas_Story#:~:text=The film is set in,major street in downtown Hammond.

Yes, the irony of citing Wikipedia is not lost on me. Times have definitely changed. 

Weird, in the movie they talk about it being in Terre haute. Hmmm guess I’m off to watch that now haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ADnum1 said:

Colts should not lose to miami unless they turn the ball over alot.

Theres no Tua and miami is also playing their backup qb so they will have trouble scoring.

I'm hopeful AR will play and if he does he can't turn the ball over giving them a short field.

AR needs to learn to take what the defense gives him sometimes.

Que the Tyler Huntley career day, and/or Miami running all over Colts D. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Last season it came down to 1 play, Goodson dropped a pass. Otherwise, we would've won the division and that was with Minshew. I don't think we are as bad as people think. 3-3 is pretty much where we should be with the schedule we have had. 

I think the biggest concern is ARs health. He may put it all together but it’s no guarantee. He might be able to put this team on his back in the future and save Ballard. But my hopes are low in that area. 

I am happy with how well our WR group is doing this year. They look like pros. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

As long as we win I could give a damn.

That is all that matters, scoreboard. We had to win last week, it was ugly, but I will take it. We have to win this week as well. Then we go to Houston healthy at 4-3 - the games will begin then.

1 minute ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

I think the biggest concern is ARs health. He may put it all together but it’s no guarantee. He might be able to put this team on his back in the future and save Ballard. But my hopes are low in that area. 

I am happy with how well our WR group is doing this year. They look like pros. 

Yeah, Pierce has been impressive on the deep ball.