Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What team will have the most fans this Sunday ?

dw49

3 hours ago, ColtsCharm said:

There were NOT more Bears fans than Colts fans. Yes, there wear a lot of Bears, I'd say 65 to 35 Colts

Yeah there is a lot of exaggerating going on here with the numbers of other teams fans at games.  Don’t get me wrong there were a lot of Bears and Steelers fans but it was never the other team out numbering or being equal to the number of Colts fans as some have claimed.

13 hours ago, ColtsCharm said:

There were NOT more Bears fans than Colts fans. Yes, there wear a lot of Bears, I'd say 65 to 35 Colts

I wasn't there for the Bears game. I was there for the Steelers game. It was about 50/50. That's not an exaggeration. 

16 hours ago, coltsva said:

Happy to answer your questions. I'll start off with a little background. 

Grew up a Colts fan in NY.  We moved to Virginia in 1997, and decided to take the family to Indy in 2006 for Colts v Redskins (yes, the game where Peyton first hurt his neck). We really liked the city and for the next 10 years my wife and I went to 2 - 3 games a season, plus playoffs. At that point with the kids out of the house, we figured if we could attend 4 games a season that it would make sense to get season tickets.

Bought season tickets in either 2015 or 2016. 

How the team is doing is not relevant to how many games we attend. It's simply the distance. 

I try to post the tickets as soon as I know we're not going. For me, getting them sold is the priority, so the sooner the better. For instance, this season it was 100% we were going to opening day, which meant that the Steelers & Bears games were 100% not going. I posted the tickets early, I priced them high due to the opponent, and they still sold immediately. 

I would definitely prefer to sell to Colts fans, and it does bother me knowing that I may be contributing to more visiting fans in LOS, but that is secondary to recouping some money. 

We go to the same amount of games whether they are 10-2 or 2-10(one exception below). We enjoy the whole weekend trip(typically Fri-Mon) and not just the 3 hours at the game. 

Going October 20. Most likely going November 24 & December 22. 

Not going November 10. 

January 5 is a wait & see. If it's a "win & in" game for the Colts, and there's no chance of us hosting round one of playoffs, we'd likely go. It's a quick turnaround from the Dec game to the Jan game, so that's a tough one. 

If you have any other questions, just let me know.

You're awesome for letting me pry into your situation. I really appreciate the answers.

So January 5 is wait and see, because if the Colts have the division wrapped up, you'd rather go to the home playoff game, right? That makes sense.

I think someone smarter than me should come up with a way for STHs to resell tickets to "verified" fans of the team. It might not always work out, but it would at least be an option. 

Where do you normally stay when you go? I stayed at a hotel near the airport, they tricked me with the pictures on the website. The place was old and kind of dingy. They had renovated the restaurant and some of the business areas, but the rooms, hallways, elevators, were all really old looking. And they were short-staffed. I'm usually good at picking hotels, but I won't be staying there again. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now