Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What team will have the most fans this Sunday ?

dw49

12 hours ago, Superman said:

My estimate, close to half Steeler fans today. They were quiet most of the game because the Colts jumped out to a quick lead. But they kind of took over on the last couple of possessions. I have audio recordings of the 3rd and 15 play, and it sounds like a playoff game at Heinz Field. 

They all shut up pretty quickly as their final drive went bad. And to the credit of the Colts fans who were there, it got pretty loud in big situations most of the day. I'm pretty sure my voice will be gone tomorrow. It was kind of rough trying to make noise on 3rd and goal, then watching Justin Fields score TDs. 

I don't know what anyone could do to prevent the road team takeovers. I'm not even sure it's a regular problem, but it was noticeable the last two games. I guess the ultimate answer is to win more, but that's kind of shallow. Lots of teams struggle to compete, I don't notice them having to compete with hoards of visiting fans. 

Glad you were able to go to a game where we won.     On TV they showed all those damn towels.   Super happy they were shut up in the end 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChuggaBeer said:

Glad you were able to go to a game where we won.     On TV they showed all those damn towels.   Super happy they were shut up in the end 

I don't know how it looked on TV, but the towels were very prominent in person. 

It's my first time watching the Colts win in person. I saw them in Oakland in 2015, when Derek Carr broke his leg. That got interesting at the end, but that was the worst Andrew Luck season. Then I saw them vs the Chargers in 2019, the first game after Luck retired. Funchess got hurt, AV missed three kicks, Hooker had a nice pick in front of our end zone, and the game went into OT. But that was also a loss. Seeing them finish with the win yesterday was a blast. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

I think it’s not a major problem Bears fans travel well to start with and the short drive to Indy when they are excited about their team and Colts fans weren’t after an 0-2 start explains that one and again Steelers fans travel well probably better than any other fan base in the league.  You always notice them no matter where they are playing.  Once the Colts get back to playing teams like the Jags, Titans, Dolphins, and Bills it will be back to normal.

Yeah I'm thinking these two opponents are the outliers. But it still doesn't sit right with me. I assume the team hates it also. 

I wonder how feasible it would be to do big ticket giveaways for home games vs these opponents. And how many tickets they'd have to control to change the dynamic. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Yeah I'm thinking these two opponents are the outliers. But it still doesn't sit right with me. I assume the team hates it also. 

I wonder how feasible it would be to do big ticket giveaways for home games vs these opponents. And how many tickets they'd have to control to change the dynamic. 

It’s impossible to tell who’s buying the tickets.  I always get mine from resellers.  Out of the four of us that go to a game together, I’m the only Colts fan.  We went last week and one of my guys was a long time bears fan.

But my favorite is when we see them play the Browns and my one friend wears his Ravens jersey.  I always point at him and tell the Browns fans - they stole your Super Bowl!  When they see his size, as well as my other buddies, they usually agree but don’t say much.  

3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

It’s impossible to tell who’s buying the tickets.  I always get mine from resellers.  Out of the four of us that go to a game together, I’m the only Colts fan.  We went last week and one of my guys was a long time bears fan.

Yeah that's why I think it would need to be big giveaways, to locals. Schools, businesses, etc. And that probably comes with a major cost.