Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Richardson Green Bay Dropbacks

RollerColt

40 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Here it is. The good, the bad and the ugly. 

Footwork is actually pretty decent. Keeps his feet apart, doesn’t do the weird tippy toes thing Young was doing. 

At 0:57 and at 2:14 also that was a nice throw to JT and converted to FD, so whats that talk that they wanted to go pass only and JT is not fit for pass.?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, coltsfan_canada said:

At 0:57 that was a nice throw to JT and converted to FD, so whats that talk that they wanted to go pass only and JT is not fit for pass.?

I'm not sure why the team thinks JT can't be effective in the passing game.   

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, coltsfan_canada said:

Exactly I am confused with that comment by Shane unless that one drop deserved him to be benched. Again coaches know what's the best. 

Debatable. 

Goodson being in last year, with the playoffs on the line, had no business being in the game. 

JT given 0 pt during the fourth quarter after dominating all game was one of the dumbest decisions we will see all season. 

I think a middle school football player could tell you this. I don't know what Shane's problem is with JT but he needs to get over it. He looks like the dumbest person in the stadium when he makes these decisions. 

39 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

Young has to do that, otherwise he can’t see over the top of the blades of grass around him. 

Magnify Rick Moranis GIF

As a short person myself (5’7”) I was really pulling for Bryce. Of course, even he would tower over me lol…

In all seriousness, I hope he can find success somewhere else outside of Carolina. He just needs a more stable situation with an established team. Hell maybe he can hop over to the Steelers after this season. 

13 hours ago, RollerColt said:

As a short person myself (5’7”) I was really pulling for Bryce. Of course, even he would tower over me lol…

In all seriousness, I hope he can find success somewhere else outside of Carolina. He just needs a more stable situation with an established team. Hell maybe he can hop over to the Steelers after this season. 

Flutie had a great career.  He was awesome in the CFL.  Maybe that's what Young should do for a year or two.

3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Flutie had a great career.  He was awesome in the CFL.  Maybe that's what Young should do for a year or two.

If the past two seasons have shown anything, it's that you can never fully write off a QB based off of limited information. The NFL journey can be a long one. 

Geno Smith, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold... All written off as failures just a few years ago. 

@Superman and I have spoken for years on how the surrounding organization plays as much of a role in the success of a QB as traits and abilities.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

If the past two seasons have shown anything, it's that you can never fully write off a QB based off of limited information. The NFL journey can be a long one. 

Geno Smith, Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold... All written off as failures just a few years ago. 

@Superman and I have spoken for years on how the surrounding organization plays as much of a role in the success of a QB as traits and abilities.

Speaking of Baker:

I've been skeptical that Bryce Young can overcome the marks against him, so I'm not exactly waiting for him to turn it on. But I was skeptical about Baker as well, for different reasons. He never looked as ineffective and incapable as Bryce has looked so far, but he's a good example of a player who a) was in a bad situation, and b) still had to get better at QBing. 

• Like 2