Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rushing Defense Woes

DattMavis

Whatever Partridge, Smith, and Bradley are changing up scheme, reads, technique, or keys wise with this defense they have the front seven playing far too slow. I cannot remember so many colts player glued to blocks. The drop-off is pretty striking.

Partridge is the only significant change

i pray he is not the defensive version of Chris Strausser.

On 9/15/2024 at 2:33 PM, DattMavis said:

A rather embarrassing stat:

November 19, 1950:

The Giants rushed for a record 423 yards against the Baltimore Colts. 

September 15, 2024:

The Packers are on pace to break that record against the Indianapolis Colts, rushing for 237 yards in the 1st half.

Our run defense is currently ranked last in the league, and it's not particularly close.

Do we have serious cause to be concerned about this run defense? 

I may be the minority here but I believe when we moved on from Matt Eberflus to Gus that our ability to stop the run was impacted severely. Last year ability to stop the run was better than we are doing thus far this year,  it is just GOD AWFUL right now. I’m not exactly sure who is to blame for it because honestly we have guys up front that SHOULD be able to help limit these big gains. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• You know who is also kicking better?   Chase McLaughlin.   
    • Not trying to over simplify but it is pretty simple. SS calls plays that he believes will work against a certain defense and he has confidence his players will execute that play. The results right now are that his players are NOT capable of executing those plays on a consistent basis enough to win games. The only question moving forward is, do we have good enough players to start to execute more consistently or not and is SS making it as easy as possible for players to be consistent. It's not just a talent thing. It's a attitude and smart thing and then the level of talent. Most of the time, the best players are the smartest players with the right attitude. How talented they are is a bonus. My point, i question our teams attitude and football intelligence as much as I question their talent. Ex.....Stopping the run is as much attitude as it is talent. A big part of why JT is JT, is because of his intellegence.
    • Thanks for the updates.  I made my "first pass" projected picks based on where the players are ranked on tankathon right now.  Obviously, subject to change!
    • He hasn't  been that good other than the 1 game he won last year.
    • The biggest problem is that the rest of the team is playing like trash around the rookie QB.    Of course the essentially rookie QB that has played 6 NFL games is going to be a rollercoaster.  He's known to have accuracy issues, and is for some reason being forced to be a pocket passer.    When the highest paid O-line in the league can't block, that's problem.  When the WR's can't catch passes that bounce off their hands, that's a problem.  When the highly invested in $$ D-Line (like 5 1st or 2nd rd players) can't block and LB's get consistenly washed, that's a problem.  When the highest paid kicker in the league can't kick and gets hurt constantly, that's a problem.  When the defensive scheme is to "bend not break" but the bends are to the tune of 100 yards a series, that's a problem.   Now's the time to strike in other areas while you have a QB on a rookie contract. Actually, this all should've been figured out already by the GM and all positions should've been rock solid by now. 
  • Members

• Nadine

Nadine 8,210

Administrators
    • Creekside

Creekside 786

• John Waylon

John Waylon 5,491

• jvan1973

jvan1973 11,299

• RollerColt

RollerColt 13,603